About this project
Hundreds of people have bought my game S/Lay w/Me ("slay with me") since its release in 2010. They've learned how well it supports multiple adventures and brings the finest sword-and-sorcery spattering out from your own mind.
This isn't just fantasy role-playing - it's what I want from fantasy role-playing. - Maura, one of the early playtesters
Let's get more of you together! I want to provide the technology to play S/Lay w/Me face to face online.
You probably already know about Google Hangouts, currently the easiest method for on-line face-to-face interaction. This Kickstart funds an add-on S/Lay w/Me application for it - a flawless platform for playing the game on-line, face-to-face, that will manage turn order, dice rolls, and similar things. It's not just a dice table; I'm shooting for a genuine working medium for playing a specific game. I want S/Lay w/Me to blaze a trail for the hobby into this technology.
Start a Hangout with a friend using the prototype to see how it functions, and here's a training tool to preview first if you like. Imagine it with fully-operating features and professionally-designed visual details. The Kickstart funds will pay Jasper Flick to get it there. Once funded, the app becomes available and free to the whole world.
WAIT, WHAT'S THIS GAME, ANYWAY?
It's a two-person phantasmagoric role-playing game about lovers and monsters. Here's the Game page.
For fun as we go, visit the Art & Play Gallery. You can enter information about the games you're playing, offer a fee for art, and post the illustrations that artists provide. It already works pretty well, but its format is humble. As this Kickstart continues, its functions will become automated and much easier. Help create a fabulous tapestry of S/Lay w/Me sagas and their amazing visuals!
Every backer receives a PDF of the original rules - perfectly functional, but not as spiffy as the revised and expanded one you can pledge for (that's the first on the list of rewards below).
This is the master list of rewards, $25 each. You pick however many of them you want, then pledge that amount (see the reward tiers). You don't have to say which, or even choose at all yet. At the end of the Kickstart, the survey will ask which ones you want!
- The new S/Lay w/Me rulebook (.PDF, but if you want the physical book too, this is how)
- Progrock heavy-mithril soundtrack by The Dream & Shadow Huntsman Group (.MP3) (sample)
- The S/Lay w/Me poster by Scott Purdy (digital)
- An anthology of seven sword-and-sex-and-sorcery stories written in my youth, almost certainly embarrassing for me and amusing for you (.PDF)
- A playtest copy of Close to the Bone, a game in my family of religion games, this one based on the terms "amazon" and "lust" (.PDF)
- Monster figurine by Agnostic Giraffe Miniatures (.OBJ file, but if you want the physical item, this is how)
- Lover figurine by Agnostic Giraffe Miniatures (.OBJ file, but if you want the physical item, this is how)
- Inclusion in a no-holds-barred live & online discussion of Naked Went the Gamer
- First inclusion in an initially-closed Google Hangouts circle dedicated to the common ground between the post-Forge indie scene and the OSR (to be opened up later if members see fit)
- S/Lay w/Me with me! Only available if included in $100 pledges and higher
Most of these are strictly limited to this Kickstart and will not be available afterwards (exceptions = the first two).
Risks and challenges
This Kickstart is for a specific skilled, freelance task: web-app and website design. Therefore the goal is specifically for the fee necessary to do it, as well as a few other related expenses. Jasper has developed the prototype and is ready to complete the project once his fee has been met. In the unlikely event that he is unable to complete it, he and I have made arrangements for another professional to take it over.
All the rewards are finished and ready for delivery. I budgeted for them prior to the Kickstart.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (18 days)