**Check out our 'Updates' section — it's chock filled with goodies. We have been posting continual updates and pictures during the campaign about our development, stats and factory testing, including: trying to set the Ripple Rug on fire – a Mythbusters kinda thing**
How many times do you find yourself telling the cat to stop digging their nails into your cozy armchair, or physically find yourself untangling your cat as they scale your curtains? Cat owners everywhere know that cats love to scratch and pull. It’s part of their natural makeup and it’s never going to change. The Ripple Rug helps solve cat problems caused by instinctive behaviors. The Ripple Rug is the infinitely configurable cat activity mat, from which cats will never grow bored. Unlike huge cat gyms that take up lots of space, the Ripple Rug can easily be folded away from sight when guests visit.
- Help save your furniture from the wrath of kitty claws - prevent tearing and thread-pulling on your sofas, armchairs and curtains by encouraging your cat to dig into their Ripple Rug instead.
- Give your furry friend a new and entertaining play-space everyday – new configurations of ripples mean that your cat never becomes bored and they continue to investigate their favorite play-space with fresh-eyes each time.
- Watch your cat play happily as nature intended – your cat can pretend to hunt and forage in their Ripple Rug, spending their time exercising in a familiar environment. Cats love to stick their paws into the tiny holes, and enjoy swatting at passing prey.
- Enjoy interacting safely with your cat - the rug gets clawed and not your hand. Interactive play never felt so good. You can play with your cat through the safety of the carpet. Your cat happily pounces on the rug. The carpet provides a layer of protection between your skin and their nails.
- Let your cat hide, rest and sleep – cats love napping inside their Ripple Rug, the peepholes let them see what’s happening around them from the safety of their own fortress. Cats also love to be cradled on top of the rug, in the cozy warmth and security of the rippled carpet.
- Provides the perfect grooming spot – cats love to groom themselves on their Ripple Rug. They love to stretch and roll around on the carpet fibers. The carpet picks up cat hair and dander instead of your furniture.
- Move easily or pack away in seconds – the carpet is light and can easily be moved into any room or even outside. It is easy to fold away and store when guests visit.
- Made in the USA
- 3ft x 4ft when unfolded
- Consists of a top rug (contains holes and fasteners) and bottom rug (lined on the underside with a non-slip backing)
- Folds away easily to the size of a large beach-towel for convenient storage
- The carpet is made from recycled plastic bottles – each rug keeps 24 bottles from floating in the ocean or out of a landfill
- Non-slip coating prevents the bottom rug from sliding on wood floors – the cat won’t send the Ripple Rug flying every time they pounce on and off the carpet
- Non-toxic and low VOC – safe for humans, safe for cats
- 12 Velcro touch-points – allows semi-permanent fastening and infinite configurations
- Holes of varying sizes provide great entrances and exits, with smaller holes to spy through. Anti-choke slits ensure cats won't get stuck
- Mold, Mildew and Stain resistant, perfect in the home or outside on your porch
- Clean easily with soap and water, no harsh detergents needed
Our aim is to gain the support of the Kickstarter community to satisfy the minimum order quantity for a first production run of the Ripple Rug. With your pledges we can make this happen. We want to be able to share this great product with cat parents everywhere, at a price that everyone can afford. Our cat loves the Ripple Rug and yours will too!!. We believe that all cats and their parents may benefit from the Ripple Rug, by not only preventing damage within the home, but by also promoting the mental and physical well-being of their cat.
One cold snowy day during winter, when our cat was exhibiting normal crazy-cat behavior (running wildly around our living-room, jumping and clawing at the sofa, etc.) she started to attack a ripple that had formed in our floor rug. She was captivated. One moment she was digging her paw into the carpet (to catch an unsuspecting, ‘invisible’ mouse), and the next, she was rolling and jabbing her back legs into the carpet pile. Our cat continued to pounce and dig her nails into the rug for the next several days - in preference to the sofa, our armchairs and everything else. She took to hiding under the ripples and she would often bring her toys inside. We even caught her napping there many times. We felt that our cat was sending us a message: probably something along the lines of “I want a Ripple Rug!”. That’s how the idea began. We’ve come a long way since that light-bulb moment. We’ve been eating, sleeping and breathing Ripple Rugs for weeks now. Every inch of our living room walls are covered in poster-sized Post-its. Our kitchen table, on which our sewing machine sits, has become our manufacturing hub for prototypes. Our friends and family keep asking us when and where they can get one. That time is now. We need your pledge to take it to the next level... manufacturing!
We are a husband and wife team that run a small digital marketing agency. We help organizations, both large and small successfully bring their products and services to market. We have experience spanning over 40 years within product management, marketing, PR and advertising. We’ve soldiered through many projects together. We even survived building our own house from the ground up, while also filming and producing a TV show about it for DIY Network (currently in re-runs.) Since the Ripple Rug is a carpet-based product, we’ve been working closely with a team of carpet experts based in Dalton, Georgia (carpet capital of the US.) Through our research we’ve been able to identify, source and secure a manufacturer in Dalton, that creates the most suitable textiles and provides the most efficient manufacturing capabilities for this project. The most important member of our team is our Snuggly Cat - Yoda. She provides the inspiration for a lot of our ideas. She happily helped us test the product and hammed it up for our photos and videos.
We want to keep the purchase of materials, manufacturing and fulfillment in the US. We could (like many) outsource everything to Asia, that would make everything four times cheaper. We want to help provide employment for families in the US. Our extended plan is to manufacture in the UK as well to provide Ripple Rugs throughout Europe. In order for us to provide enough Ripple Rugs for all of our furry friends, we need to produce greater volumes of the product to lessen the cost. The greater funding we can secure, the easier it will be for us to negotiate a better pricing structure, in turn allowing us to offer the Ripple Rugs at a price that more people can afford.
We’ve invested a significant amount of our time and funding in the creation, development, design, research and testing of the Ripple Rug. The current prototype is ready for manufacturing. Your pledge will help us pay for the cost of manufacturing, product quality testing, packaging and shipping of the Ripple Rug.
All rewards ship worldwide. When you back this project, you’ll see shipping prices for your home country. There’s an additional shipping and handling fee for all orders based on location. Please add the corresponding amount to your pledge. Note that additional import duties or taxes depending on country may apply.
Risks and challenges
It is possible, depending on availability of materials and production numbers requested, that the product manufacturing process might take longer than originally anticipated. This could impact fulfillment of orders, however we will make every effort to hit our targeted delivery dates.
We will provide you, our Kickstarter community, with regular communications about our progress.
We have committed a lot of our resources into making this happen, and we will ensure that the Ripple Rug will be made of the highest quality possible. Every pledge helps brings the Ripple Rug one step closer to a living room near you. Please click the ‘Back This Project’ button and share this page with cat parents everywhere.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)