Fostering girls' creativity & confidence. Espadrilles girls customize to create their own signature style. A giant leap for girlkind!
Valentina – Who We Are and Always Aim to Be
- A happy, passionate brand for young girls and tweens age 4-14
- A company that celebrates creativity and fosters individual expression
- A brand that aspires to build confidence in young girls
It started with my daughter. Her artwork has always inspired me and I've seen how her creativity and self-expression through art has built her confidence. So, two years ago, I set out to build a company that fosters creativity among girls through bold, beautiful shoes.
We started with a small collection that included a white canvas espadrille, a blank canvas for blooming artists. We told girls to draw, design and create their own signature style. The results were amazing, their confidence soared!
So, we are here today on Kickstarter, hoping to expand our collection - to offer more colors, more styles and more ways to foster girls' creativity . For any young girl in your life - daughter, granddaughter, niece, your best friend's girl - she can be the first to design her own signature Valentina's. We call it the "DYO (Design Your Own) Collection".
We are based in Austin, Texas and we hope to share our excitement for fostering creativity and confidence around the world. We are grateful you are here to learn more about our mission and our passion.
Our philosophy is simple
- We foster individual expression
- Celebrate creativity
- We build confidence and spread happiness
After producing three collections over two years, we have the hang of things. We've found the best, most affordable espadrille factory that offers a premium canvas (thicker weight canvas than the industry average, so your girls' toes won't rip through, we promise!) Your pledge gives you first access to this premier new collection, in your girls' size (girls shoe size 11 - 6) with her choice of color and her own design (draw it herself, monogram, motif, slogan ... what will she choose?)
But, production is expensive and requires funding up front in order to cut the first canvas. So, the funds pledged will provide us the capital needed to meet minimums and produce this new line. As you see from our photos, we have paid to produce samples to assess craftsmanship, inspect materials and ensure the manufacturer turns out quality products. They have passed the test, and now we hope you will support our project, and give your girl the ultimate gift of creativity and confidence. She will "heart" you for it!
Reward Levels - Our DYO Collection
We are offering this new collection at a special discounted rate to our Kickstarter friends only, at 20-30% off. That gives us happy feet!
NOTE: Don't worry about selecting a size today. When the shoes arrive in February, we will provide you a printable, measurable size chart for you to measure your girls feet. And it can be shared with others in case you are gifting a pair. We will contact you to make your size and design selections prior to shipping.
The Gratitude: $10 USD
For your pledge, we will give you a virtual "high 10". We will also list your name on our gratitude page on our website. We will have a heart full of gratitude and happy feet!
The Canvas: $25 USD
- Where it all started. A simple white pair of espadrilles
- Thick heavy weight canvas, jute trim applied by hand
- Cushion pad at heel to prevent rubbing
- Have your girl take her markers and design her heart out
The Designer: $30 USD
- Take “design your own” to new heights
- Pick any color espadrille (solid, striped or colorblock)
- Your girl designs what goes on it
- Select a motif from our menu, in her fav color OR
- Create a slogan or personalize with your girl’s name in her fav font - We happen to love “Girls Rock”
The Monogram: $40 USD
- Personalization at its best
- Choose any color espadrille (solid, colorblock or striped)
- Select an imprint color and pick a monogram style from our menu
- Create a custom monogrammed espadrille with a single letter or 3 letter monogram
- Everyone will know it is hers
The Sky is the Limit: $60 USD
- Truly one of a kind - you send us YOUR image or motif
- Choose any color espadrille (solid, colorblock or striped)
- Send us your girl’s own fav design: a school mascot, a family crest, her camp tribe, whatever makes your girl happy - sky is the limit!
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept trademarked or licensed logos – boo hoo
Double Your Design: $70 USD
- WHOA. Pick any two pair
- With or without her custom design using our motif & color menu
- She can mix and match. Or wear two different shoes, like my daughter does!
Design Your Own Shoe Party: $225 USD
- Bring on the party! Created for 6 girls
- You get 6 pairs of white espadrilles for your girl and her besties in your specified sizes
- Plenty of markers for designing on shoes
- 6 Custom Party invitations (they will look fab)
- 12 yummy "pie pops" from Austin's Tiny Pies to munch while creating
- It's a party in a box, we provide everything but the happy girls
- Watch the creativity and confidence come alive
- Smiles guaranteed and included
The One of a Kind: $300 USD
- This is where I design a pair for your girl
- One custom designed pair of espadrilles,hand-crafted, signed and created by artist, Tina Hambly, (that’s me) designer and founder of Valentina Shoes
- I promise to make them glorious!
The Signature: $350 USD
- Honor the special girl in your life – daughter, niece, grand-daughter, God-daughter, best friend’s daughter
- We will name a future shoe style after her, just to let her know how important, original and unique she is
- Includes the first pair produced in her size plus a pair of espadrilles with any of the above signature stylings of her choice
- Her style will be included in our Fall 2014 line, and we will promote her and her shoe like our "Meet Maggie" below
- You will make her heart beat faster
Confidence and Quality Guaranteed
We promise confidence. When asked, “where did you get those cute shoes?” she will say with pride “I designed them myself, thank you!” As for quality, we stand by our brand and if workmanship does not meet our high standards, we will replace them for free.
Production Plan + Your Girl’s Design
Upon reaching our funding goal with your generosity and encouragement, we will place our production order in early October. We need three full months to manufacture, package and ship all styles. During production, we will contact you to confirm your girl's size, color choice, and design choice. Your girl’s one-of-a-kind design will be created locally here in Austin. We are partnering with our good friends at the Party Cat, to create your girl's unique, hand crafted, custom designed espadrilles that will knock your socks off! So you should expect your custom creations in February with plenty of time for Spring flings.
We use the standard US size chart for youth footwear and all our shoes are produced using these guidelines. To ensure perfect sizing, have a nifty size chart to help guide your way, which we will provide upon order confirmation. We will be producing sizes ranging from Kid Size 11 (average age 4) through Kid Size 6 (average age 14).
Thank You! We can’t wait to give your hip girl happy feet!
We also want to give a special shout out to Kaliyo (Sarah Sharp and Andrea Perry) for their gorgeous music on our video and to Foundation Edit for producing our happy, fun video. We look forward to partnering with our friends and neighbors, Party Cat to personalize our new DYO Collection for our Kickstarter supporters. And we are excited to offer delicious treats by Tiny Pies in our Design Your Own Shoes Party Package. Baked right here in Austin, these yummies made Oprah's "O List" and we agree!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The main risks in any manufacturing project are delays in sourcing materials and interruptions in production. However, good news, we have successfully produced and imported three small collections from two different countries and have learned a ton. We have successfully fulfilled orders for both boutiques and hundreds of online orders. We have spent lots of energy and time to research and partner with a very high quality factory. We are super excited to work with a very well-respected import partner that is right here in Austin and has over thirty years experience delivering products from abroad.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.