Who the book is for:
No Matter How Small is for the child who feels at a disadvantage because of their size. The child who doesn't think they are big enough or athletic enough to be like the other kids. The child who feels different from those around them, who feels like they don’t belong.
I wanted to create a book that features a character who is persistent and creative. My hope is that No Matter How Small will be a book that both parents and children will enjoy reading many times over.
How I came to write this book:One day as I was practicing pool at home, my mom casually mentioned that had my grandfather still been alive, he would have given me some pointers. I had no idea that my grandfather even played! It turned out that he was an advanced pool player, and played snooker and 3-cushion in his younger years.
Why the game of pool?The story of No Matter How Small centers around the game of pool. I started to play pool when I was an adult, and was immediately attracted to the game because of the strategy it requires. It’s a puzzle-solving game. Pool is a game of physics and geometry. You create a plan and then execute it.
I’ve come very far already in developing this book. The development stage has involved many steps, and so far the following steps have all been completed.
- Developing the story concept.
- Developing the characters. Bringing out their personality and physicality.
- Creating the script of the story and breaking it down into pages.
- Establishing the thumbnails and creating the storyboard.
- Rough drawings.
- Review stage. Evaluating the flow of the story and making changes.
- Value study and Color comp. Using color, lighting and contrast to set the mood.
- Detail drawings.
I am now ready to move into the production phase. I'm looking for your support to help me get across the finish line!
This is my first time self-publishing a children's book and I would be thrilled to see this book find its way into your home
What I need to complete:
Please join me in getting me across the finish line and making the first printing a huge success!
When finished, No Matter How Small will be a 10x8 inch hardcover, fully illustrated picture book.
(Mock up of cover)
Your generous contributions will fund:
- Professional editor to ensure the written portion of the story rhymes and flows well.
- Printing the books. I have a great printer already chosen and ready to print as soon as I deliver the finished files.
- Shipping and handling. Shipping the books to all of you who contribute.
- Manufacturing and shipping of the rewards.
- Kickstarter fees.
Rewards include desktop wallpaper, sticker sets, hard cover books, digital prints, illustrated throws and digital caricatures.
(Note: Images of rewards shown below are mockups and subject to small changes.)
International backers (outside of the U.S. or Canada) will be asked to add $20 to help with the cost of shipping.
Join in the fun and support "No Matter How Small" in reaching my goal of $6500.
Risks and challenges
As soon as the campaign has been successfully funded, this is my plan of action.
1) Complete book production.
2) Print the book.
3) Manufacture the rewards
4) Ship the rewards and books.
Majority of this project is already completed. I have also already chosen the printer, seen samples of their work, and chosen manufacturers for the rewards. I have methodically researched and crunched the numbers. I do not expect any delays. (If there are any, you will be updated.)
I am committed to the best quality for this book and will do whatever it takes to complete the project and get the books and rewards to you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)