A prototype is a preliminary model of something. Projects that offer physical products need to show backers documentation of a working prototype. This gallery features photos, videos, and other visual documentation that will give backers a sense of what’s been accomplished so far and what’s left to do. Though the development process can vary for each project, these are the stages we typically see:
Proof of Concept
Explorations that test ideas and functionality.
Demonstrates the functionality of the final product, but looks different.
Looks like the final product, but is not functional.
Appearance and function match the final product, but is made with different manufacturing methods.
Appearance, function, and manufacturing methods match the final product.
LiV Pi Orangepi Edition is a handmade, open source indoor air quality monitor. LiV Pi measures CO2 levels, temperature, humidity and air pressure. LiV Pi started as a Raspberry Pi project. Now LiV runs on Orangepi.All you need to know about LiV Pi : www.livpi.com.
Each reward consists of one fully assembled device plus power supply.
1) Open acrylic case by unscrewing the four screws on top of the device. Insert CR2032 battery into RTC module. Make sure all modules are properly connected to LiV sensor board. Re-assemble the case.
2) Power up device. Out of the box, LiV is a regular indoor air quality monitor. To set up LiV with its most advanced functions, please follow instruction on LiV DIY section (steps 3 to 8). Start here.
- K30 CO2 sensor, DHT22 temp/humidity sensor, BMP180 air pressure sensor, DS3231 RTC module, 1602 LCD screen.
- 8G SD card with LiV Pi software running on Armbian OS
- acrylic case and case mounting hardware
- power supply (not pictured here)
Is this for me?
LiV Pi is not a consumer product. It is a DIY device, initially designed for software developers, hobbyists and hackers. Currently LiV Pi is being used in a growing number of commercial and industrial applications. Please refer here for more info on LiV Pi for Business. LiV Pi requires some set up work in order to reach its full potential. Please take your time and make sure you understand what LiV can do and how you set it up:www.livpi.com
LiV Pi is an open source indoor air quality monitor produced by First Cypress.
OrangiPi is manufactured by Shenzhen Xunlong Software Co.,Limited.
ArmbianOS is open source Linux for ARM development boards.
We started an Orangepi support thread for LiV Pi on our forum. You can check it out here.
Risks and challenges
This is a proven, tested project initially developed for Raspberry Pi/RaspbianOS. LiV Pi software is written in Python. We tested a few LiV Pi Orangepi Edition devices for almost four months without any issues. We will start shipping devices to our backers at the end of the campaign.