Happy New Year! We received some exciting Rurik packages over the holidays. Read on for a pre-production update and see lots of pictures!
We're still on schedule for a July delivery. We are going back and forth with our manufacturer to make various updates to components in advance of production starting soon.
We might technically start some of the production before Chinese New Year (CNY), but production should complete in April. We had a really tight window in which we might have been able to complete manufacturing before CNY, but that required all the miniatures to be perfect on the first injection molding samples (spoiler: they weren't, which is typical).
We got pre-production samples of all the plastic miniatures right before Christmas and samples of everything else right before New Year's. There are a lot of photos to enjoy below!
Here are some notable items regarding production:
- Injection molding process continues. We approved 5 of the 10 unique models and are awaiting the second set of injection molding samples with the changes to the other 5.
- Printed components will have a few final touch-ups after looking at everything closely in person, but are mostly ready for production.
- Plastic trays are now in the tweaking process with our manufacturer after they sent us the first injection samples. We are really pleased with the progress so far, but this our biggest focus to get them all right. Thankfully we can go through multiple iterations quickly.
- Wood pieces are looking good and have minor changes to address.
- Neoprene playmat will be brightened as part of a couple final touch-ups.
We were really excited to see the samples! What do you think? Feel free to ask any questions.
Cheers, Kirk and Emily