Thank you to all the backers who helped create Flag Dash! If you missed the Kickstarter campaign, visit the PieceKeeper Games website for more information about Flag Dash or to purchase a copy of your own.
In Flag Dash, you play the role of one of several childhood friends that promised to play their favorite pastime again after they “grew up.” Each player secretly plans and simultaneously plays cards to outmaneuver the opposing team in an exciting game of capture-the-flag.
Flag Dash is worth a closer look due to its:
- movement programming mechanics
- superb artwork
- must-have wooden components
- catchy theme
- great reviews
Flag Dash packs a ton of components into a small 210 x 125 x 38 mm box (the same size as Boss Monster). It's small enough to take most places and full enough to keep you playing for years to come.
Flag Dash takes place over multiple rounds until one team returns home with the opposing team's flag or collects a complete set of flags the opposing characters are wearing.
In every round, each player plans two moves in advance and for each move, chooses to move either the runner they control - with a unique special ability - or the defender they share with their teammate.
PHASE 1: PLAN MOVES - Each player secretly plans two moves with an action card and priority token face-down for each move.
PHASE 2: RESOLVE MOVES (2X) - Each player reveals their priority token for the first move. Each player makes their first move in order from lowest to highest numbered token. Repeat for second move.
PHASE 3: CLEANUP - Each player discards their priority tokens and returns action cards to hand.
For more details, see the latest rulebook draft, prior to graphic design and editing work.
Each player controls a whimsical character with a unique special ability. You get to help with the characters!
- Pledge at PERSONAL DASH level ($149) and you can name 1 of the 6 base characters! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with which character you would like to name and your chosen name. Sorry, all characters are taken!
- Pledge at DESIGNER DASH level ($499) and you can be in the game as 1 of 4 new characters! These characters will be added as promo cards in the Deluxe Upgrade Pack. Sorry, all characters are taken!
- Free worldwide shipping. Avoid hefty international shipping prices.
- Deluxe Upgrade Pack. Limited Deluxe Upgrade Pack will NOT be sold through distribution.
- Receive game first. Receive Flag Dash at least a month before retail stores.
- Money-back guarantee. If you aren't completely satisfied with Flag Dash within 30 days of receiving it, you can return it for a full refund.
We think Flag Dash is a great game, but don't take our word for it. See for yourself why reviewers loved it!
Other Media Coverage
Flag Dash has received lots of additional media coverage.
- Interview with The Inquisitive Meeple
- Ask Me Anything on Reddit
- "Cool Board Games" Video Shout Out by NVS Gameplays
- Called "adorable game" on "Awesome New Gaming Project" List by GeekDad
- Featured in Crowdfunding Round-up on Board Game Geek
- Featured as one of Best New Campaigns on Smarter Backer
- Featured in "How to Make Your Own Game" Video by The Game Crafter
- Showcased in "Fund it Friday" by Across the Board Games
- Chosen as 1st pick in "Game of Crowd Funding Draft Picks"
- Fan Fiction Short Story - Flag Dash: Turf War Revisited
- John Brown University Feature Story
- Fast delivery. Since rewards will ship directly from China via air mail, you will receive Flag Dash several weeks faster than if we used a typical shipping method in which the game is first freighted to the US and then shipped to you.
- No VAT. Based on the low stated value of the game (under $20 USD since shipping does not count towards stated value), you should not have any VAT/customs/duty charges. The 2 publishers mentioned above have not reported any customers facing VAT/customs/duty charges when using similar stated values on their games.
Show your support of Flag Dash by sharing on social media and changing your profile picture to one of several backer icons!
Risks and challenges
This is our first Kickstarter project so we have not been through the manufacturing and fulfillment process for a board game yet. However, we have been in continual contact with our manufacturer and fulfillment agent for 4 months and have worked through all angles of this project with them. We are confident in our manufacturer's ability to produce a high quality game and our fulfillment agent's ability to deliver pledges in a timely manner.
We are expecting our first baby (a boy!) in June, so our attention will be divided during the summer. However, we have front-loaded all of the work on game development, artwork, rulebook, manufacturing, and logistics and everything is in order prior to the start of the Kickstarter. Therefore, Flag Dash should be in the hands of our manufacturer and far along in production when our baby arrives.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)