Corvus Corax Miniatures is a small hobby project that started in 2013. This is the third project launched on Kickstarter. Both the first two projects were successfully funded on Kickstarter and both have been fully delivered on time without any delays.
The previous two Kickstarters have allowed the project to expand, and hopefully with your help, when this project funds, the miniature range may grow even further!
The Funding Goal is for 75,000 SEK (Swedish Crown) which is equal to aprox. $8,780, €7,880 or £6,700 (exchange rates may vary, please check your current ones).
The goal of this project is to attempt to raise funds for the production of 12 miniatures (see below) for three different factions (Clansmen, Exiles and Guardians). The miniatures are to be cast in high quality, non-toxic, resin. The scale of the miniatures are 35 mm (measuring to the eyes in a standing, straight pose) which allow them to be used as placements for other game-systems if so desired (scale picture at the bottom of the main text of body).
Out of the 12 miniatures for this project 11 have already been sculpted and pre-production resin casts have been completed and approved for final production for these. One miniature is currently a Work in Progress and should be finished before the end of this project. A successful project here will help me kickstart the miniature range and to expand it even further.
The ultimate goal is to develop a tabletop game with a focus on low-count skirmish confrontations, where each side will be able to field, as a standard, 4-6 characters. The aim is to create a fast-paced and easy-to-play game that focuses on strategy and team synergy, and where the players will be able to customize their characters after their preferred gaming style (within some limitations, of course). The game mechanics and rules are still a work in-progress and once finalized will be a free-to-download .pdf document. The priority right now is to release these miniatures in an attempt to create a brand to showcase, and then focus on getting the rules done.
These miniatures shown below are not in scale with each other.
If this project reaches the funding goal and if the campaign pushes on beyond there will be stretch goals. However, as this is a very small project it's important not to over-extend.
Please note that the shipping time for fulfillment might increase if you decide to add-on for a stretch goal that is in early stages of the development (for example early concept art)! Fulfillment for any stretch goal is not included in the estimated delievery time that is noted under the pledge-levels.
Stretch goal #1 - 83,500 SEK (aprox. $9,775, €8,777, £7,460)
Stretch goal #2 - 92,000 SEK (aprox. $10,770, €9,670, £8,220)
Stretch goal #3 - 100,500 SEK (aprox. $11,765, €10,560, £8,980)
Stretch goal #4 - 109,000 SEK (aprox. $12,760, €11,460, £9,740)
Stretch goal #5 - 117,500 SEK (aprox. $13,700, €12,300, £10,455) - ???
If you are interested in adding more miniatures to your pledge, you may easily do so by adding an extra 130 SEK (aprox. $15, €13,5, £11,5) to your pledge for each additional miniature that you wish to add. Please be aware that with the more miniatures added to the pledge, the higher the shipping can potentially become.
You may either chose to add-on from any of the miniatures from the current project or from the add-on miniatures below, which were created thanks to the two previous Kickstarters.
(The savings are based on Crown:Euro exchange rates. The exact number may change depending on the exact exchange rate.)
None of the pledge levels include the shipping cost. Shipping will be paid after the project has ended through Paypal to ensure that each backer will only pay the actual cost and not an inflated cost.
Typically, the estimated shipping cost break down as following (however, note that this is a rough estimation, and that the shipping cost will be based on the weight of each package, which might differ depending on which miniatures you chose to select). The following is only ESTIMATED and does not mean that they are final.
- 1-4 miniatures: 50 SEK (aprox. $5,85/€5,3/£4,5)
- 5-12 miniatures: 90 SEK (aprox. $10,5/$9,5/£8)
- 13+ miniatures: 130 SEK (aprox. $15/€13,5/£11,5)
This does NOT include tracking. If you want to pay for tracking (recommended letter) that will cost an extra 90 SEK in addition to the shiping cost (for example, the estimated shipping cost for 12 miniatures with tracking would end up at 180 SEK). Insurance for recommended letter is at max value of 2,000 SEK.
If you want to get a more specific estimate on your pledge (for example if you want to pledge for the entire collection), send me a PM here at Kickstarter and I'll get a more accurate estimated shipping (although, not a final one).
The world is set in a dark and low-fantasy setting and the focus will be around men and beasts. While magic (inner abilities) is present in the world it isn’t a dominating feature. However, any of the characters that will be able to use inner abilities could possibly play quite a central part of your warband!
"Our will is strong, like iron, it will never break!"
- The Exiles of the Tetsu Clan were once a part of the Greater Raising Empire, where the leader of the clan even held seat as a trusted advisor to the Shogun himself. The Shogun was a man of tradition, and failed to see how the rest of the world was changing, despite being advised to adapt. This led to a great schism within the council that resulted in an uprising led by the Tetsu Clan, although most of the military power still remained loyal to the Shogun. The uprising was met with force and duly crushed, with no mercy being shown. The members of the Tetsu Clan, and its followers, were deemed as exiles and anyone giving them shelter or help would be seen as traitors and executed without trial. So they fled in order to rebuild and to, one day, return.
Gameplay: The Exiles, by tradition, take great pride in perfecting their skills in single-combat, and if they manage to keep the fighting one-on-one, their knowledge of duels could easily tip the battle in their favor. The Exiles favor neither offence nor defense over the other, but could be considered to be featuring a balanced approach. They do, however, value speed and agility over armour.
"From ashes of a broken world we have risen. We will not be denied!"
- Caer Loch was once one of the greatest clans of the eastern lands, where their great citadel lay in a natural fortified position, protected by mountains, rivers and great lakes, making their lands easily defended. In their peak, the territory of the Caer Loch stretched from the massive mountain range of Skander all the way to the sea of Slaetbak. Although, with great territory the potential for great hostility from others come, too. And so it was. The Caer Loch borders were sieged on many fronts by neighbouring factions who were looking to expand their own borders. At first, the Caer Loch managed to defend, but the attackers were relentless in their pursuit for new lands, and so the clansmen were pushed back. Now, generations later, the Caer Loch is but a fragment of their former strength, but their burning will for greatness has not yet been extinguished.
Gameplay: The Clansmen have access to certain inner abilities that greatly can increase their potential in melee combat, but this power should not be taken for granted for it is fickle and unreliable. As much as it can turn the tide of battle in their favour, it can just as easily work against them.
"We are the wilderness. It belongs to us. Trespass and perish!"
- The Guardians of Raven Oak is a nomadic tribe, who has put claim on the sun-scorched savannah at the western borders. They are a tribe of Nature and fiercly defends their territory with great vigour and trespassers are quickly and mercilessly dispatched. While their territory lacks any real border, the land is considered by most others as useless, and few want to lay any claim to it. The Raven Oak has experienced peace for a long time, but as the tribes of the Outcasts have dared to push out from their hidings, the lands of the Raven Oak has been an easy taking. So now they muster their forces in an attempt to rid the vermin from their lands.
Gameplay: The Guardians rely on speed and misdirection, and if the enemy is not careful and is allowed to be singled out, the guardians will pounce on a foe simultaneously , bringing him down quickly and without mercy.
Below is an early design of the character cards for the skirmish game. While it is still an early prototype, and there will be changes, you will still get an idea of how they will look like. I am aiming for a clean design that is not too cluttered with too much information. The cards will NOT be included with the miniatures for this Kickstarter as they are not finalized.
Risks and challenges
This is the third Kickstarter project that is being run, and the other two projects were successfully funded and fully delivered.
The biggest risks and challenges are 1.) delays, 2.) quality and 3.) communication.
On the other two projects, everything was delivered on time, and this current project will do so as well! The majority of the miniatures are sculpted and pre-production casts have been done in a limited amount. This project does not run on promises and concept arts alone. With the experience of running earlier projects, I have complete confidence that this project will run smoothly, too!
I am working with the same resin caster as I have in the previous projects. The quality is outstanding and the caster has got extended knowledge of the process, and is being employed by a numerous other of well-known companies that offer resin miniatures. Needless to say, the quality will be world class!
I am dedicated to this project and will do my best to answer any questions quickly; both during the project and after it ends. You may also reach be using e-mail or on the Facebook-page. The risk of an extended period of "radio silence" with me is slim-to-none!
- (14 days)