The Mask Man (Canceled)
This is a horror adventure game that tells a sad and chilling tale of a family unfortunate enough to encounter The Mask Man.
The Mask Man is an adventure/survival horror game. It's really scary and if you play it on your own you will be taking a trip to the bog pretty soon. I really am trying to achieve a unique atmosphere and feel to the game that you really wouldn't have felt before. I am adamant to make this game disturbing and frightening to shock players into really feeling like they are seeing the aftermath of something horrific and discovering that it may not be over.
The plot for this game is, to me at least, intriguing. You are going to want to find out what happened to the family that used to live in this house although what you find might not be a happy ending. However, that might not be the only thing you find in the house, something may still be lurking in the shadows. Every room in the house tells a story and has a lot of detail to show with around 14 rooms in total including some other completely different areas that you will progress to which I will not spoil.
So you might be thinking, what makes this game different from other horror games that are out there on the market? Well, my game hopefully will provide all of its uniqueness within it's atmosphere. Now before you go ahead and say that atmosphere is boring and not scary, let me tell you that it is the fundamental feature within a horror game that makes it scary. Why were we shit scared of Silent Hill? Why were we terrified of Resident Evil? To me it was the atmosphere and surrounding that rather than the monsters and zombies that made those games scary. That is what I want this game to be like.
So the question you are probably wondering is what I will do with all the funding? Well I am making the game using the Unity game engine. I am currently on the free version of that software but I would really love to have the pro version which is around a thousand pounds so that I can have all the features to make the game top notch. The pro version is not cheap, hence why I need so much. I have also added on and extra five hundred pound that I can use that for licensing fees.
What are my stretch goals?
£5,000 - Android/ IOS Support
£10,000 - Ouya Availability
£15,000 - Oculus Rift support
So, what are the rewards for helping to fund this video game, well lets take a look:
1. For just a quid you get to have a special thanks in the games credits after completion. it's also going to aid in the creating of this game, even the smallest donation is appreciated.
2. For a fiver you get yourself a digital pre-order of the game which will be available at release.
3. For a tenner you get yourself a physical copy of the game (limited) in a case with box art and hopefully some goodies inside as well. I hope it will look something like this:
4. For 15 smackers you get your physical copy of the games (limited) a poster which will probably be the same art as the box cover but without the writing (also limited).
5. Now this one is the complete package, you get the physical copy, poster and a real life mask which may or may not have been worn by The Mask Man. All of which are limited.
Risks and challenges
Game development is not easy, it takes ages and its really expensive too. Big budget studios have problems and set backs when making triple A games, now imagine just one guy.
I am putting a lot of effort into this game working on it everyday on top of my normal day job, your contribution will help me out greatly. No matter what the problems are I will always stay committed to the game and as a result the game will be finished at some point, I don't know when, that's up to you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)