WE DID IT!
Thank you so much everyone!
You ran the table! ALL of our stretch goals have been reached! I'm going to use the rest of the funds to improve the look of the core book, and I'm also going to spend some of it to reward all of my writers, and the artists who have been working so hard on this project.
If you somehow missed this kickstarter, you'll still be able to pledge. I'm working on getting payment options up on our website, so please feel free to head on over and check it out!
- The Europe/Russia/China Mega source book!
- New York!
- All of the IZ 1.0 pdf files!
- The Australia Sourcebook!
- 3 Separate Novels written by Darrin Drader, Lou Agresta and Peter Wacks
- A poster-sized map of the world!
- 2 Custom Maps from Fabled Environments
- 1 Free current map from Fabled Environments(Nightclub)
- Japan Source Book
- Seattle Source Book
- Adventures by Steve Kenson and John Wick!
- The Republic of Texas Source Book
- MalMart Catalog 2090
- Solar System Source Book
- Stopwatch's Ten most Wanted
- Interface Zero support through Hero Labs
- Drip by Bloody Drip: a full length adventure by Charles Green!
- The Achtung! Cthulhu/Interface Zero crossover sourcebook and adventure!
Don't let these great deals pass you by!
Some of you might be new to this part of the sprawl, and you're probably wondering, "What is Interface Zero anyhow?"
Good question my friend.
Like it says in the short description at the top, IZ (that's short for Interface Zero) is a sci-fi/cyberpunk game set on Earth in the year 2090. Interface Zero is powered by Pinnacle Entertainment's Savage Worlds Deluxe System.
In this dark and grimy world of corrupt, power-mad government, greedy megacorporations and fringe science-gone-wild, you play ronin: rogue street operatives who make their living doing the things nobody else can, or will, do. You have no master, no loyalties beyond your bank balance, tomo. Your only friends are those of convenience. Your tools of the trade are computer code, high-powered weapons, combat drones, cybernetic augmentations, mental powers and maybe even a little bit of luck.
In 2090, the line between human and non-human has blurred to the point where the word "human" is little more than an abstract concept.
Fully-sapient androids walk the streets alongside vat-grown simulated bio-forms. These bio-forms are known as simulacra, or "sims" for short. The science of hybridization allows anyone with enough cash or credit to splice her DNA with anything from a beetle to a rhino. The human genome has been hacked, kouyuu, rewritten to suit the latest fashion trends.
So, which face are you going to put on before you go out tonight?
The internet of 2090, more commonly known as "The Deep," is a vast ethereal matrix of interconnected cloud networks that we access via a cybernetic implant known as the Tendril Access Processor, or TAP for short. The TAP is a wireless modem for your brain, providing constant access to the hyper-real world around you. Of course, that constant access has a downside, tomo.
People can use your TAP against you and hack your brain. They'll steal your personal information and empty your bank account before you even knew you were hacked. Heck, some brainers can even swipe your memories and sell them on the black market, so watch your back. Be sure and get the latest mods and firewalls installed, or you might wake up one day and find you no longer remember the world around you.
Our technology has increased to the point where we can augment our bodies with cybernetic implants, or even completely replace body parts. Most of these, such as the Tendril Access Processor, help us in our daily lives. Of course, there are other reasons to get "cybered," omae. If you want to stay at the top of the food chain, if you want to get the best jobs the mean streets have to offer, you need an edge. Cyberware gives you that edge.
As I see it, the only real reason to do a second edition of a game or setting is if you can make said game or setting better. And that's precisely what we are doing with Interface Zero 2.0. We think we can improve on the first edition, while at the same time bringing you much more setting material so you can go even deeper into the world as it exists in 2090.
Interface Zero 2.0 is going to be at least 200 pages long, but stretch goals may take the book as high as 300. It really depends on how much more you want to see. IZ 2.0 will be a full color, hard back book, and will be printed through the Drivethrurpg's digital print program. Below is a small list of the new material you'll find in the book.
- Character Archetypes: You'll see an array of archetypes modeled after the Archetype packages found in the Streets of Bedlam RPG (Thanks Jason!).
- Advanced Hacking Rules: Hacking 2.0 went a long way towards streamlining the rules found in the first edition, but they didn't address elements of Interface Zero involving virtual reality, hacking weapons, or vehicles, etc. So we're adding some advanced rules which will give your team's hacker more utility in the game.
- You're going to see new gear, more vehicles including mecha and power armor, new weapons, purchasable androids (robot minions, anyone?)
- Streamlined cyberware rules.
- Streamlined hybrid creation rules.
- We're adding rules for mecha creation to the book.
- We're bringing in rules for dubbing, so you can make a virtual "backup" of your mind, just in case you catch a bullet between your eyes. Hey. You never know.
- More NPCs and threats for you to use in your Interface Zero 2.0 game!
- More information about the world, including cities such as London, Christchurch, New York, Denver and Philadelphia!
- There will be a full-length plot point campaign, and numerous Savage Tales to keep you and your friends busy for a long time to come!
One of my favorite things about a Kickstarter is the idea that you can get some pretty cool stuff when you back a project, and I wanted to make sure that you all come away from this experience feeling like we treated you well. We can't do this without you, and I want to make sure you know how much I appreciate your trust.
The first thing you should know, is that everyone who backs this project will get electronic copies (when applicable) of all the stretch goals as they get unlocked!
Additionally, ALL BACKERS will get access to the play test PDFs as soon as we make them available!
We're adding an explorers edition to the options you can choose from!
- Gutter Punk:All Backers at the Gutter Punk Level can get a copy of the explorers edition of the book (the standard edition, not the limited edition) by adding 25 dollars to your pledge!
- Drone Jockey: All backers at the Drone Jockey level can get a copy of the explorers edition of the book (the standard edition, not the limited edition) by adding 20 dollars to your pledge!
- Street Samurai or Higher: All backers at or above the Street Samurai Backer level can get a copy of the explorers edition of the book (The standard edition, not the limited edition) for only 15 bucks!
Note: The above options are obviously only if you actually want both the hard cover in regular size AND the explorers edition. Some people won't want that option, instead preferring just to have the explorers edition. You'll be given the option to choose which size you want when you fill out the backer form at the end of this kickstarter.
Shipping: I'm embarrassed to say it, but I forgot to add shipping costs when I posted this section on the explorers edition. I'm handling this in the same manner as Shipping for add-ons.
International backers (only) please add 7 dollars to your pledge to cover shipping and handling for the explorers edition.
This update it NOT retroactive, so if you have paid for the explorers edition of Interface Zero 2.0 before January 23, 2013 you DO NOT need to add anything to your pledge.
As a backer, you get the option to add the following rewards to your pledge. The items below can be added to ANY pledge - just increase the monetary amount of the pledge, but keep the same reward tier.
For example, if you backed at the Street Samurai pledge level (a minimum of 50 dollars), but you also want the cards and Bennies, you simply add $10.00 for the bennies, and $10.00 for the cards to your pledge level. This would make your modified pledge level $70.00.
We're doing the add-ons this way so you can choose exactly what you want without having to worry about getting the stuff you don't want.
- For a single random miniature, just add 6 dollars to your pledge. For shipping and handling outside the US, please add 2 dollars. (Sorry!)
- For a single miniature of your choice, add 7 dollars to your pledge. For shipping and handling outside the US, please add 2 dollars.(sorry!)
- For two miniatures of your choice, add 14 dollars to your pledge. For shipping and handling outside the US, please add 3 dollars, for a 17 dollar total. (sorry!)
- For three miniatures of your choice, please add 18 dollars to your pledge. For shipping and handling outside the US, please add 4 dollars, for a 22 dollar total. (sorry!)
- Four 4 miniatures, please add 24 dollars to your pledge. For shipping and handling costs, please add 5 dollars to your pledge for a 29 dollar total. (sorry!)
Here's the concept art!
First up, the cyborg ( this image has been changed)
Next, the hacker
And finally, the street samurai
You can grab any of these add-ons by raising the amount of your pledge by the listed price.
- Grab a print version of the Mega source book (Europe, Russia, and China) by adding 25 dollars to your pledge! International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling costs.
- Grab a print version of the Mexico source book by adding 15 dollars to your pledge! International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling.
- Grab a print version of the Solar system book for 15 dollars! International backers please add 3 dollars to your order to cover shipping and handling.
- Grab a print version of New York: The Rotten Apple (Working Title) by adding 15 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling costs.
- Grab a print version of the Australia sourcebook by adding 15 dollars to your pledge! International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling costs.
- Grab Steve Kenson's adventure by adding 10 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling costs.(sorry!)
- Get print versions of any of the the Novels to your pledge by adding 7 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover the costs for shipping and handling (sorry!)
- Get print versions of the Japan source book by adding 15 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling(sorry!)
- Get The Seattle source book by adding 15 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling(sorry!)
- Get the Republic of Texas source book by adding 15 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling (sorry!)
- Grab John Wick's adventure by adding 10 bucks to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover the cost of shipping and handling (sorry!)
- Interface Zero custom Wild Die: $2.00 each. International backers please add 2 dollars to cover the cost of shipping and handling.(sorry!)
- Print edition (Full color, saddle stitched) of the 24-page introductory adventure: $10.00 each. International Customers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling (sorry!)
- A pack of 20 custom Interface Zero 2.0 Bennies: $10.00 per pack. International Customers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling (sorry!)
- A deck of custom Interface Zero 2.0 playing cards: $10.00 per deck. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover the cost of shipping and handling. (sorry!)
- An additional copy of the full color, hard cover book: $40.00 per book. Note: This is not the limited edition. Only backers of $100.00 or higher get the limited edition book. International backers please add 5 dollars to your pledge to cover the cost of shipping and handling.(sorry!)
- Savage Worlds PDF +Adventure Bundle: Please add 15 dollars to your pledge to get the Savage Worlds deluxe Edition PDF, plus an adventure in PDF form!
- Mini Adventure: For those of you who already have the Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition PDF but want the adventure I'm writing, you can add 5 dollars to your pledge and get the adventure. This won't be printed, but will be available as a PDF.
- Malmart Catalog:Get the Malmart Catalog source book by adding 15 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling (sorry!)
- Stopwatch's Ten Most wanted!: Get the print version of the book by adding 10 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to your pledge to cover shipping and handling, or use the bulk shipping guidelines below!
- Bit by Bloody Bit: get the print version of this full length adventure by adding 10 dollars to your pledge. International backers please add 3 dollars to cover shipping and handling, or use the bulk shipping guidelines below!
- The Interface Zero 2.0/Achtung! Cthulhu crossover: Get the print version of this 120 page adventure/sourcebook by adding 25 dollars to your pledge! International backers please add 3 dollars for shipping and handling, or use our bulk shipping guidelines below!
BULK SHIPPING: You can reduce the cost of shipping considerably when adding multiple add-ons to your pledge. Here's how:
- If you order multiple items, take the associated cost of the highest add-on and add half the shipping cost of your other items to that number. Odd numbers should be rounded off to the lowest number.
So, if you ordered 2 novels, a set of bennies, and one hard cover book, you would need to pay a total of 9 dollars for shipping and handling.
This is not retroactive. If you added any of the above add-ons to your pledge before January 22, 2013, YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR PLEDGE for those orders.
We've got a ton of great stretch goals planned for you. We're showing you just a few to start, but this graphic will be updated as you unlock more!
As mentioned above, I've been unlocking secret stretch goals to backers as a way of saying thank you for their support. If you are considering backing, or simply want to know exactly which secret stretch goals have already been unlocked, please refer to the following list.
- You get a free downloadable PDF of the world as it exists in 2090!
- We added an additional 50 pages to the book!
- John Wick is writing an additional adventure. All backers will receive the PDF of this adventure, and you can also add-on the print version if you so choose. (See the add-ons above)
- The Concentrix Nightclub floor plan by Fabled Environments .
- Explorers Edition of the Book: This edition is only available at the Rover pledge level or can be purchased as an add-on.Backers at the Street Samurai level and above DO NOT get this book as a part of their pledge.
- All backers will receive a poster-sized PDF of the Limited edition cover by Jeff Easely! You'll be able to download the PDF and take it to your favorite printer and get a printed out to hang on your wall! I'll be sure to add a note to any printers letting them know that as the publisher of the work, I give the owner of the PDF permission to do this.
- We're adding 50 more pages to the book! The page count for the core book is now 300 pages!
- Stopwatches Top 10 most Wanted. a 40+ page source book detailing the most wanted criminals in the world!
This chart will be updated as the kickstarter progresses. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
Risks and challenges
As someone who has been publishing role-playing game supplements since 2005, I can attest to the fact that things don't always go as planned. Writers and artists pull out of projects, or turn in manuscripts and illustrations late. Editing and revisions sometimes take longer than anticipated. The proofs for books come back from the printer with errors that need to be fixed.
These things can happen. It's a part of the publishing business. But I've been around the block, and I know that a large part of dealing with issues like the ones I mentioned above is communication.
I have regular conversations with everyone involved in this process to ensure that I know things are progressing the way they should be, and if they aren't, I roll up my sleeves and work with my team to find the best solution to a problem before it gets out of hand.
As a backer, you'll receive regular status reports from me about this project. If I do happen to run into issues that might delay this project, you'll be the first to know it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)