My name is David Benedict, and I am an acoustic music performer and composer. I play the mandolin and write instrumental tunes that blend tradition and innovation. This September I am planning to record my first full-length solo album of original music, and I want you to be a part of it!
I am thrilled to be partnering with Film, Photography, and Recording company, The Kellys' Productions, along with Corey Brooks Band member, TK King, to record the CD! Also, Grammy-nominated mandolinist, Matt Flinner, is joining us as producer for the album.
We have a great crew of people to work with and low production costs, but there are still a lot of expenses that go into making an album. Many record labels will budget over $100,000 to produce a record. However, we've made a budget of $10,000 for the whole album. Here are our specific needs for the project:
- Production, Recording, Mixing, and Mastering - $3750
- World-class Musicians with travel costs - $5000
- Designing, Printing and Distributing the CD - $1250
Any money that we raise above our goal will help us make an even better CD.
*However, if we can't reach our $10,000 goal within 30 days, you won't be charged for your pledge, and we won't receive any of the money. If this happens, our project won't be funded, and we won't be able to make the CD for you or send you any of the rewards.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
1. PICK A REWARD BUNDLE TO SUPPORT OUR PROJECT: Take a look at the many reward bundles we have on the right side of the screen. To pledge for the project, just click on the reward you want and follow the easy instructions to back our efforts. Without your generous support, we won't be able to pull this off.
2. GET THE NEWS OUT: Help us spread the word about this Kickstarter project through Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Emails, Phone Calls, Text Messages, and by Word of Mouth. We need your help to raise awareness for this fundraiser if we are going to reach our goal.
Risks and challenges
Like all creative projects, this album has its own share of risks and challenges. For a big project like ours, there are issues of scheduling, producing, time constraints, and many other details. However, our biggest challenge is raising enough support to make this album a success. That being said, we are determined to bring you the best CD we can. With your help and support, we know that we can accomplish this goal together.
- (30 days)