KP Cykler Bicycles - Timeless Design, Seamless Innovations
Our designs keep the aesthetics to their simplest, while incorporating the latest technologies. Join the ride, from Dream to Reality.
Bicycles have played a huge part of Kaspar's life. From the first freedom of traveling independently to his first job as a bicycle mechanic to BMX competitions to a daily commute between the meetings in London. Now we want to share this love and passion with you and build you a bicycle that you want to look at, and ride.
- Genuine leather - We believe in longevity. Leather saddles and handlebar tape is the way to go. Not only does it look great, it will also get better with time, just like the finest of wines.
- Chromoly - More and more bicycles have bulky aluminium or carbon fibre frames. For real quality and appearance, we decided to use lugged chromoly frames. Old steel frame style = a thoroughbred.
- Handlebars - Our handlebars are designed by our founder KP. Drop bars are kept wide near the stem to maximize the comfort when cruising, yet sweeping forward for the looks and low for performance. Bullhorns have a slight drop for extra looks and performance while Porteur Bars sweep back nicely for a lovely Sunday cruise.
- Frame geometry - We started the design process from analyzing the most successful historic track frames. Our frames are "the greatest hits" album from artists like Bianchi and Cinelli, slightly modified for a combination of aestetics, comfort and performance. Size guide can be found under FAQs.
- Innovation - "Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery. We can't agree more and turned to the world of BMX to borrow an innovation never used on bikes this size - minimalistic, removable cable holders.
- No more bulky clamps - Chromed cable clamps currently used for bikes with optional brakes look bulky and will scratch your frame. Our unique design saves your paint and looks clean.
- Easy & reliable bike identification - Whether it's the police or your friend who suspects the bike might be stolen, it's easy to be sure. Just scan either end of the handlebars of our bicycles with a NFC enabled phone.
- Remotely stored information - The information about the bicycle is stored in our database, not the chip so it can't be modified by third parties.
- Owner can remotely change 'Owner's message' field - If you want people to contact you directly once they have identified you as the owner of the missing bike - you can choose to add your contacts to the information that is displayed after scanning.
- Cost - Most custom vintage bicycles cost thousands, because of our inhouse engineering and assembly we can keep the price reachable for all. Our mission is to add value by building cool custom bikes, not to build a corporation aiming for highest profits.
- Simple design process - To buy a custom bicycle you often need to go through a complicated design process with the builder or be an enthusiast and build it yourself. We have constructed a website which allows you to play around with the design and give you immediate feedback through photos.
- Quality - All of our bicycles are built in Denmark, so you can be confident that every bolt is in place and there are no shortcuts.
- Development - Nearly a year has been spent on designing, testing, and manufacturing. The bicycles are ready for the streets - now we need your help to make it a reality.
- Buffers - We have left a full month for delays, and it is realistic to send the bicycles to you in the the summer.
- Be seen - So you have a beautiful bike.. But who's going to notice when it's dark outside? We teamed up with HELK to bring to you reflective piece of jewellery. Now you can show off your miniature KP Cykler bike even after sun down.
- Low retail price - For us to keep the price reachable, we have to sell direct. Distributors and resellers need to make a living too, which means we'd have to add their cut to the price. With Kickstarter we can start selling direct, with a good price.
- No extra funding - If our Kickstarter is succesful, we won't need extra funding from third parties. We don't want to get hassled into chasing highest profits by investors. Our vision is to deliver great bikes, great quality, at a great price.
We'd like to thank you for taking a look at our project and hope you're excited and inspired to support us. We truly believe we have the coolest bikes in the price range. We'd be grateful if you'd share our passion and help spread the word by sharing with friends. Thank you!
Easy share links:
Risks and challenges
Unlike some Kickstarter projects, we have calculated VAT, import and other taxes into our budget.
The risk for late delivery is small. We have several factory samples we are satisfied with and we have left a full buffer month for any delays. In case of any delays, we will notify the backers and we will deliver, 100%.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)