Poor lighting, no problem. Professional results, absolutely.
These backdrops are made from a non-reflective cloth surface, neoprene-backed material that mutes shadows and won't reflect light (glare). They are durable and will last. We have been making gaming mats (the F.A.T. Mats) with this material for several years and our customers have regularly commented on how well miniatures (collectible and hobby miniatures) photograph on our mats. With that in mind, we believe we can create a set of photography backdrops perfectly suited for photographing collectibles, hobby miniatures, & small works of art.
[this project ships worldwide and is EU friendly, see below for details and any additional shipping charges for your country]
[if you are a retailer wanting to carry this product after the launch, you may order cases for shipment after the first wave or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org]
The Mat Material
- The mat itself will have a thin neoprene rubber, textured back... This means it is non-slip and durable while being thin enough to roll easily and not be heavy.
- The front of the mat is a non-reflective, cloth surface that we use a heat manufacturing process to adhere a traditionally themed photo backdrop image. Additionally, this material won't crease or fold so you will always have a smooth, clean backdrop.
- 15x30" sized MacroMat: We are starting with a focus on a smaller scale yet big enough to ensure you have plenty of backdrop area; in other words, enough space so that you don't show the mats edge in your picture. This size also fit well in many existing "Light Cubes/Boxes".
- Because the mats are non-reflective while also muting shadows, pictures without professional lighting still look incredibly good. Take a look at these sample shots with just normal in-door lighting taken with a smartphone.
- The material is durable; it Won't scratch or scuff and is water/liquid resistant.
- Have professional lighting or a small Light Cube/Box? You will see amazing results with little hassle.
- By using a MacroMat backdrop, you eliminate other items that may expand your depth of field or reduce the quality of focus on your subject
- Scale! All of our designs are scaled for small subjects. This means that your miniature will benefit from the intention of the backdrop design. Using a standard sized backdrop designed for taking pictures of large subjects (e.g. photographing people) will lose the backdrop's design when photographing something the size of a collectible or hobby miniature. The MacroMats are meant for small subjects so you will get the intended professional effect from our backdrop design.
- We are starting out with three designs that will give your a professional look: 'Soft', 'Cool', & 'Blue Gradient'
- $20 - Single MacroMat backdrop - Great with an existing mini Light Cube or just up against a wall. Get started with any one design of your choice
- $60 - Full Set of three MacroMat backdrops with a backdrop stand plus storage/carry bag - Get it all... The stand and MacroMats work perfectly together and you get a great canvas zipper bag with carry straps... Store it all away or carry it to wherever you plan to take pictures of your miniatures.
To keep this project simple and realistic to deliver on-time, we are keeping the add-on's limited
- $25 - Custom MacroMat Backdrop Stand (the same stand that comes with the Full MacroMat Set) - This stand was custom designed just for the MacroMats. It is 15" wide with an innovative mechanism to provide double that width to 30" (this allows you to turn the MacroMat 90 degrees to Landscape should you have a need). It is has an adjustable height of 12-21" allowing you to position the MacroMat to exactly the height desired to best highlight your subject. It comes with four durable clamps to hold the MacroMat in place.
- US, EU, & Australia shipping friendly - we will be shipping directly from three primary locations: our US warehouse in San Diego, CA, our UK warehouse in Rye, UK, & via our Australian base distributor.
- Customers in the US, mainland UK, & Australia will not pay any additional shipping.
- For other countries, we will pass along the smallest possible amount of shipping as follows: Canada (via USPS) +$10, EU member countries (excluding mainland UK) +$10, non-EU countries in Europe +$25, New Zealand +$10, & Rest of World +$25.
- Table War Designs, Inc. is TABLEWAR(TM). We create inovative products for the miniature hobby and gaming industry. We were founded in 2010 and are located in San Diego, California. We, Doug and Todd, are both co-founders and life-long friends; together, we are TABLEWAR(TM)! This is our third KickStarter campaign...we delivered the product to our backers for both the prior projects On-Time! Something very unique to KickStarter.
- Doug, also know as Warboss Dugg, comes from the video game industry with more than two decades of experience across art, game design, and management. Doug also destroys Todd in all forms of miniature war gaming (must be those TABLEWAR(TM) Dice)! Doug is the creative mind behind the TABLEWAR(TM) Operation and serves as President focusing on product design and development as well as distribution & logistics.
- Todd, now often seen in emails as Todd@TABLEWAR(TM) Sales, has 20+ years in the semiconductor industry in every discipline possible (Design, Manufacturing, Marketing, Operations, & Finance) and several successful entrepreneurial efforts. Todd drives the back-office and manufacturing while serving as CFO and Vice-president of Sales.
Risks and challenges
We will be sourcing these backdrops from our existing manufacturing partner whom we have had a relationship with for more than 5 years. We have a lot of experience with the production of the neoprene material and with the global logistics to get these products into your hands quickly. We are bringing an additional factory into this project to provide the backdrop stands; as these are a fairly standard products, we do not anticipate any issues. That all said, production schedules and worldwide logistics can run into unforeseen schedule issues (for which our staff has many years of experience navigating).
Lastly, the status of the UK as a EU member (i.e BREXIT) may impact our EU friendliness in terms of Import Duty, should a quick status change occur before we ship, but a change should not impact our timeline or shipping cost.
- (27 days)