I've heard some of you are having trouble pledging or find it confusing.
This walks you through how to pledge and common problems.
If the above link doesn't help, here are some more tips. If this fails, go to the comments section and post a comment to get my attention and I'll respond ASAP!
MAKING A PLEDGE
1. I’m trying to pledge but I can’t log in to Amazon. What do I do?
Use your Amazon account to sign in to Amazon Payments. If you don’t have an existing Amazon account, simply enter your email address, select “I am a new customer,” and click the yellow sign-in button.
2. How can I change my pledge?
Log in to Kickstarter, visit the project page, and click “Manage Your Pledge.” To change your pledge amount, enter a new amount in the pledge amount box. Note that you cannot make multiple pledges; the amount you enter will be the total amount collected if the project is successfully funded. To change your reward, make a new selection. Note that changing your reward selection DOES NOT automatically change your pledge amount.
3. How can I change my credit card details before funding ends?
Log in to Kickstarter, visit the project page, and click “Manage Your Pledge.” At the very bottom of the next page, click “Change Payment Method.”
4. Can people outside the US pledge to projects?
Yes! Anyone, anywhere (with a major credit card) can pledge to Kickstarter projects. If you are a non-US Amazon Mechanical Turk user you may experience a problem trying to pledge; the system might prevent you from selecting a country outside the US. We've alerted Amazon about this bug. Sorry this is annoying. Please view these instructions to pledge: https://www.jungledisk.com/secure/signup/mturk.aspx.
FIXING A DECLINED PLEDGE
1. A project I'm backing just succeeded and my credit card was declined. What do I do?
Log in to Kickstarter and click the “Fix Payment” button in the “Action Needed” system message on the top of your screen. It will redirect you to Amazon, where you can change your payment method. Alternately, we'll send you an email every 48 hours with a direct link to correct the issue. Don't delay, however: backers have 7 days to correct payment issues before they are dropped from the project (and therefore no longer eligible to receive rewards).
2. My credit card is fine. Why did my pledge fail?
If your pledge has been declined, log in to Kickstarter and click the “Fix Payment” button in the “Action Needed” system message on the top of your screen. It will send you to Amazon, where you can review your payment method. Here are things to look into:
1. Check that you entered a valid credit card number and the correct expiration date (and make sure it's not expired)
2. Confirm that your billing address and phone number are correct
3. Make sure you haven't exceeded the credit limit on your card
If 1-3 are okay, it’s possible your bank put a hold on the charge. Please contact your bank to authorize the pledge.
3. My credit card was declined and I want to fix my pledge, but more than 7 days have passed since the project ended. Can I still fix my pledge?
Yes. We can send you a reauthorization link to fix your pledge.
4. I’m trying to fix my pledge but I can’t get past the Amazon login. What’s wrong?
Make sure that you are logging in to the same Amazon account you used to make the pledge. That means the email address and password you use to log in must be the same as when you pledged. (Note that this may be different from your Kickstarter login.)