About this project
Liza Urla, a well known Gemologist and Jewelry Blogger reviewed one of our products after receiving a pre-prodcution piece:
Featured on livescience.com, JCKonline.com AOL, FoxNews, Refinery29 and pulzo
See more here: www.identity-inside.com
Our original, Identity Inside Ring:
One diamond on the inside, protecting the DNA; one diamond on the outside visible to everyone:
Our Swiss Made, automatic watch:
DNA and diamond are placed in the watch crown - visible, but still not conspicuous - in our view the most elegant way a man can wear a diamond. We named the watch after a small city in the center of Switzerland, which reflects the values of the watch:
The watch has a scratch proof, sapphire crystal, is rated to 100M and is powered by a Swiss Made Sellita-SW200 movement used by several (more expensive) watch brands, see: list of some SW200 based watches, and review.
Solid 18kt Rose Gold Pendant
to keep the loved ones close to the heart:
The rose gold pendant is crafted in Zurich, Switzerland:
All of our products are Made in Switzerland and are crafted out of the most exquisit materials available:
- Solid 18kt rose gold pendant
- River/Flawless diamonds
- Sapphire watch glass
- Swiss Made Automatic watch movement
- Pure sterling silver rings
Making unique items by DNA incorporation
At the end of the project we send you a sample collection kit – with which you collect a buccal DNA sample. We also send you a ring size measure (in case you don’t know the correct size).
Upon receiving your sample (from a buccal swab) we purify the DNA and after further quality control it is fossilized into glass utilizing our patent pending, room temperature, water based process (not harming the DNA). The result is a white powder (DNA fossil), which safeguards the DNA, very similar to what is found in ancient amber and bone samples.
In every jewelry item, we make a small inclusion, in which we place the fossilized DNA. The opening is then sealed, closed and protected with a flawless, 0.02 carat diamond.
The DNA is unharmed during the encapsulation, and during usual daily wear. At any future time point can the DNA be recovered from the gift for future use or analysis.
This is how we transform your DNA into a personal gift:
Find out more about DNA and our products?
Visit our page: www.identity-inside.com
Our perks explained
To get Identity Inside running, we need to buy tools and have to buy expensive raw materials (gold, diamonds, watch movements and housings) only available if ordering large quantities. You can support us and make Identity Inside happen. By doing this you have access to the following perks, with which you can make yourself or somebody else a truly unique gift:
We are planning to ship all products for delivery prior to Valentines Day 2016. For the two valentine sets, we promise delivery by Valentines Day 2016.
Additional product images:
We would like to thank the following for sharing their work under the CC-BY license:
Risks and challenges
- Shipping: Our products include three shipping steps: DNA collection kit to you, collected DNA back to us, and shipping of final product to you. Our product pricing contains all shipping costs, and appropriate shipping and return collection points for individual countries have to be established. We have experience with world-wide shipping with previous commercial avenues (own and friends, e.g. indiegogo projects milkit & drinkpure). As every product is unique, products have to be handled and shipped individually with appropriate barcodes.
- Customs and taxes: some countries may have customs or specific taxes for jewelry items.
- Governmental regulations: we have checked all regulations on handling DNA samples in Switzerland - still we may have missed something, which could bring us into problems and at least delay shipping.
- Supply chain problems: strong fluctuations in gold, silver and diamond price, limitation in watch movement and part supply.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (34 days)