Yoke and Abundance is making a podcast!
The Mission of The Wise Women Podcast is to share the seeds of wisdom that all women have especially around their creative and entrepreneurial endeavors. When we celebrate the wisdom in each other we are also better able to see the wisdom in ourselves.
The Yoke and Abundance Wise Women Wednesday Blog series was born from the belief that "We rise by lifting others" -Robert Ingersoll. I was teaching myself the lesson that I could choose to live in jealousy, and fear of other women who were up to great things or I could choose love and celebrate the creative success of all of the wise and wonderful women I knew. I thankfully chose love and created the Wise Women Wednesday Blog series.
I've been publishing this series for almost 2 years, interviewing over 80 women, and what I've been blown away to see is that women are hungry for the stories and examples of other women who are creating and living abundantly. What We're doing:
- Making a podcast
- Highlighting the wisdom of creative women living from a place of abundance
- Interviewing the past "wise women" who have been featured on the blog
- Asking questions about their creative process, what they're up to now, and how they're living abundantly
If you love the wise women Wednesday blog interviews you'll love the wise women Wednesday podcast because
- The Podcast format makes hearing from creative and wise women easy: listen, in the car, in the gym, or while making dinner.
- We'll take the conversation deeper than the blog interview can
- We'll give you inspiring stories
- You'll get the perspectives of other creative women
- You'll Learn through these women's stories
How will the money be used?
- Purchasing proper recording equipment
- Distribution licenses and subscriptions to popular venues such as Spotify and iTunes
- Paying for editing/producing/music
Any funds raised in addition to the $750.00 will be split between increasing the advertising budget for the podcast and paying Alisha for sweat equity.
Yoke and Abundance is beginning to make the first 10 episodes in this weekly podcast that will launch in August of 2018. We'd love your financial help in bringing this project to life!
Risks and challenges
Yoke and Abundance is completely new to the podcasting world. I'm an avid consumer of podcasts but a neophyte to creating, editing and producing this level of audio.
I'm working with an experienced editor and podcasting producer. He will be moving in the next few weeks and his move could potentially delay production of launching the podcast. In the event of a delay longer than a month I also have other options for editing and producing that will assure I deliver the podcast by the August Launch date.
Regardless of Kickstarter funding, this podcast will be produced.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)