Your imagination and creativity are the only limits on how you can ruin players' announced superpowers, lifetime supplies, occupations, and fulfilled dreams.
Your friend got a job as a motivational speaker? You can add "with an extreme stutter" or "who lives in a van down by the river." Another friend has retractable claws? Stipulate them with "you constantly use furniture as a scratching post" or "they only come out when wiping in the bathroom." Earn points for coming up with the best and funniest stipulations to win the game!
NSFW expansion now available! See In The Box section for details.
"We’ll cut right to the chase – Stipulations is a great family game and party game. . . . Stipulations scores very high on our 'let’s play again' game meter.”
- Trent Howell, The Board Game Family (click here for full review)
"I would recommend Stipulations to any group of imaginative players looking for a fun and flexible party game."
- Michelle Mazala, Today in Board Games
"Never has being a downer been so much fun! Stipulations allows you to play as grim or silly as you want as you take your friends down a peg!"
- Kevin Becker, Under the Table
"Stipulations, in my opinion, is a fantastic party game that you absolutely need to back. If you're in the market for a party game... look no further, this is an absolutely must own game."
- Forrest Bower, Bower's Game Corner
[For a game walkthrough, start Forrest's review from the beginning]
"There's nothing more fun than ruining your friends' dreams. Stipulations makes it easy. Even more fun to play when you're incredibly drunk."
- Aaron Yonda, Beer and Board Games
"I really like that the theme of the game is to sort of be the devil in Bedazzled, as in, be careful what you wish for because the fine print might come back to bite you."
- Daniel Zayas, The Meeple Mechanic
"[Stipulations] creates quite hysterical moments.... People want to just keep going with one more round."
- Jimmy Hudson, Board Game Closet
"If you're looking for a fantastic, fun party game, then you don't need to look any further. Stipulations is the game for you."
- Branden Darcel, Board Game Brotha (click for video review)
- Deck of 80 Stipulations cards (strong replayability with 320 options to announce!)
- Deck of 24 Bonus Point cards
- Game Rules
- 8 stipulation whiteboards
- 8 dry-erase markers
- 90-second sand timer (only if the $15k stretch goal is reached)
- By adding $6 to your pledge of $24 or more, you will receive an additional 27 cards in the Not Safe For Work (NSFW) expansion (The NSFW expansion adds adult humor to the otherwise family-friendly Stipulations game such as the superpower of gaydar, lifetime supply of booty calls, occupation of terrorist, and fulfilled dream of your very own sex dungeon). If ordering the NSFW expansion for multiple copies of the game, add $5 for each expansion copy.
Click here to download a free Print-and-Play trial of Stipulations (includes 12 Stipulation and Bonus cards plus rules).
A player goes first as judge by drawing a card from the Stipulations deck and announcing one of the four options (superpower, lifetime supply, occupation, or fulfilled dream).
All other players write down a stipulation to ruin the announcement.
For example, to stipulate a player who announces "I can fly!" a player might write one of the following: "only downward," "with non-retractable and non-removable 50-foot wings," "can't land without breaking a bone," "at speeds of up to 1 mph," "only 1/4 inch above the ground," etc.
Stipulations are read out loud, and the judge decides which stipulation they LEAST want added to their announcement. The judge also determines which stipulation earns the bonus card (drawn after stipulations are written).
The judge awards the cards to the players who wrote the winning stipulations. The player to the left then becomes judge for a new round by drawing the top Stipulations card and making a new announcement. Play continues until all players have gone twice, and the player with the most earned cards at the end wins.
Read complete rules (including alternate rules) at blacklightgames.net.
- Hit of the party! Reviewers and playtesters have had a blast playing this game and introducing it to their friends and families.
- Save money! Retail price is $29.99 plus shipping. For the Kickstarter, shipping is built into the price for U.S. backers, which means you're really paying less than $20 for the game. Canada and Rest of the World shipping get an equivalent benefit (see FAQ).
- Limited availability! Who knows when we'll be able to place the next bulk order. Pledge today to guarantee yourself a copy!
- You get an awesome version of Stipulations! The original plan for the campaign was to include notepads and pencils, with a whiteboard upgrade in the stretch goals. But we didn't want to put that risk on you, of having an inferior version of Stipulations get funded. Instead, hitting our funding goal means you get an extremely high quality game that we can all be proud of.
- Crowdfunding means it is up to you. As a first time independent publisher, we can't do this alone. Stipulations will only bring new life and laughs to parties around the world with your support.
Risks and challenges
We are passionate about getting Stipulations out into the world. We've learned from others' successes and mistakes through studying countless blogs and articles on what to do before, during, and after the Kickstarter campaign.
The content and graphic design have already been completed for Stipulations. We have standing quotes in place for the initial order with a printing company that has a strong reputation in the industry. Their expertise will help this project move along in a timely manner to get this game into your hands as soon as possible!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)