Seb McKinnon Magic the Gathering Playmats: LIMITED EDITION 2
One-time printing only of my latest work for Magic the Gathering. Your chance to own one of these very rare playmats and prints!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, April 22 2019 7:07 PM UTC +00:00.
Hi everyone! Thank you for checking out my campaign. Following the success of my previous Kickstarter campaign, and after receiving multiple requests from fans and players to launch a new one, I've decided to do exactly that. I'm offering all new playmats and prints featuring my latest work, in exchange for donations towards my feature film project called KIN Fables: The Stolen Child.
For newcomers, my name is Seb McKinnon and I've been illustrating for Magic the Gathering since the M13 core set. For a full catalogue of my works, I invite you to check out this link here.
And if you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend this video essay from Rhystic Studies exploring my work for MtG.
I also direct films and videos through my production company, Five Knights productions, and I make music under the name CLANN.
What's so special about these playmats/prints?
I'd like to offer you something special. Here's how I'm doing that for you:
- Limited Edition - This will be a one-time printing only. In other words, once this campaign is done, I will never reprint these playmats or prints again. EVER. The amount I produce will depend on the demand. For example, if 100 people pledge for a Bedevil print, there will be only 100 produced (for playmats however, I need to print in increments of 50).
- Minimal Logo presence on the playmats! The Planeswalker symbol and Wizards of the Coast and Ultra-Pro logos are mandatory on official playmats. No way around it. However, Wizards of the Coast, Ultra-Pro and I worked together to make the logos as unobtrusive as possible for you, looking more like watermarks in placed in 2 corners of the mat.
- Signed playmats and prints for everyone!
- These items have purpose. 100% of all funds raised during this campaign go towards funding my film (after shipping and playmat/print production costs).
- Unique, extended artworks - To avoid cropping of any kind, I have painted expansions to each artwork. This way, the art you love remains whole, and you still get a playmat with art that reaches all the way to the edges! Take a look at the example below.
TEAMING UP FOR THE SHIPPING PROCESS
To help me take care of shipping, I've teamed up with the wonderful people at HitPoint Press, the team behind Cubeamajigs, Cardamajigs, The Deck of Many and soon Humblewood, so you know you are in really good hands!
We are offering 2-5 day expedited shipping with tracking with Fedex, and regular post to P.O. Box addresses.
PLEASE CHECK THE F.A.Q. FOR MORE INFO ON THIS CAMPAIGN! :)
Risks and challenges
I've gone through all this before and have learned a lot from the last campaign, so this one should run even smoother! The only risk is a longer waiting time for your items due to circumstances out of my control. For playmats, Ultra-Pro needs an 8 week production time. Which means that when this campaign ends, I will need all backers to answer the surveys as soon as possible and choose their artworks, so that I may send that information to Ultra-Pro. So if we move quickly together, you could possibly get your packages in July. I added 2 months for safety in case of hiccups, which explains the September delivery date.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a private message, or leave a comment!
Thank you all!
- All gone!