Well that took way longer than it should have. (And was significantly more expensive than it should have). Here's the status of our main remaining shipping groups.
We've finally finished shipping out all of our international orders. If you live abroad you should expect to see your order arrive within the next 2 weeks (hopefully sooner, but the post office doesn't give us such guarantees. We previously shipped out to our directors, but we've finally shipped out to everyone else who doesn't live in the USA.
If you are fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to live in Washington State and haven't received yours yet, it's on it's way. We've been trying to personally deliver as many packages as possible. Unfortunately there's been more than a bit of chaos, confusion and disorganization so a couple that we really can't hand deliver were put with those other ones. And I just found a box of Washington local ones that I though had been delivered already that clearly haven't been. Have no fear, we've shipped those out now as well.
Domestic Agents, Double Features, Triple Threats and folks with shirts
Your stuff has been sent out via Priority mail. We eventually had to switch to using some off-size or over sized packing materials. Your orders should arrive shortly.
We're contacting you individually by email in regards to your orders. We'll let you know what's up with those.
So, What Happened?
Simply put, Murphy's Law and money. I won't say that everything that can go wrong, did go wrong. But a lot of things went wrong. We weren't lying when we said that our shipping budget was shot to hell by the increased weight (and subsequent shipping costs) It became pretty clear once things arrived that we were going to need to do something to defray those costs. We ended up signing a carrier agreement with UPS (which took a significant chunk of time to go into effect) only to discover that in addition to only really saving money shipping to countries that had more than 20 backers (I'm looking at you Canada, Australia and the UK) they also neglected to mention that they would require telephone numbers from everyone, information that we clearly do not have.
Eventually, we ended up having to borrow roughly $2000, a process which also took a significant chunk of time (We received the money on Wednesday). The irony is, while we had plenty of games that we could sell to make money, we couldn't justify selling any before we shipped out to all of our backers. Now we can start to hopefully make some of that back.
There's really nothing to excuse the poor communication. We've said before it's one of our biggest weaknesses and it's something that we're trying to work on. There were communication errors between me and Wyatt in addition to the communication errors between us and you. I'd like to apologize and I'll take responsibility. Like with many things with this end of things, our organizational structures really weren't there so most of everything ended up going into my head as "Oh yeah, I need to do X." The main problem with that was that I had all of the "Oh yeahs" from actual fulfillment, budgeting, etc. I had a lot of balls in the air and it basically meant I dropped most of them. Both our communication and organization are areas that we need to dramatically improve before we run our next Kickstarter project and that's going to be one of my main focuses (I even got a couple of books on the subjects).
I'll post a full detailed debrief of the whole Kickstarter soon, but for right now I'm going to pass out, since the only sleep I've gotten since Wednesday has come in a coffee cup.
As always, thank you for patience and understanding and most of all your support.