A customizable comic strip that lets you create your own comics using magnetic characters and a dry-erase marker. Read more
This project was successfully funded on December 16, 2012.
Continuing to Ship...
I wanted to update everyone as to the status of shipments. Coordinating the contents of each package with the amount of custom work and variation of rewards has been a challenge, but I've got a system in place that works. I did however hit a little bit of a quality control snag.
Some of the boards that were made earlier in the process were a bit problematic when assembled. The pockets that each panel are glued into were a little to tight early on and I've since changed the design to allow for easier assembly, but in checking some of the boards before packing them up I've noticed a few that have this issue:
The pocket was too tight and it forces the panel upward. It's fixable but requires removing the panels and re-milling the boards, sanding again and assembling a second time. This has added some time to the process, but I'm working to get these fixed and mailed out.
Another issue that slowed things down was a broken air compressor. It's replacement was far too noisy to operate in my shared workshop for hours on end, so I had to take the time to build a sound dampening enclosure for it. This quickly overheated the compressor despite having a fan for ventilation. After a melting plastic smell and the dread of nearly starting a fire, I had but one choice left. Use a compressor in an approved area and run the air hose from it all the way to my space over 200 ft. away.
After $300 in parts and about 50 trips up and down a ladder, the air hose is installed and working like a charm. The remaining character packs should be stamped out relatively quickly as they go about 1 per minute. I'm going to have some extra hands help with the stamping this week to get it squared away while I'm at work so I can focus on packaging and shipping stuff throughout this week.
Here is what's physically left to ship:
Domestic US Orders: 300 - (over 100 of which will go out this coming Monday)
International Orders: 427
For the remaining US orders I've switched to USPS Flat Rate envelopes to save money since I've already shipped the cheapest and closest rewards to my location. I'm hoping to ship about 100 packages every couple of days from here on out. Obviously that's my perfect world scenario and this project has rarely followed that schedule, but I'm hopeful to try and finally wrap things up this month.
Sorry for the long delay and I'm eager to get everyone their rewards. Thanks so much for sticking with this and for originally backing the project.