The Prometheus System is compatible with any FDM 3D printer that supports the following:
- Dual extruder stepper motors on the controller board
- A standard 100K thermistor for the hot end
- CURA slicer engine (Simplify3D should also work!)
- Marlin/Repetier based firmware (this includes almost all desktop 3D printers)
We have only tested this system with the Prometheus V2 hot end so we cannot recommend using it with any other hot end. The Prometheus V2 features an internally polished 1-piece nozzle that allows for reliable filament switching.
Here are some tips for mounting the system to your printer:
- The Prometheus V2 hot end needs to be secured to your carriage (end effector) using a standard groove mount. You can find several designs on Thingiverse for standard mounting patterns for popular printers (like the Rostock Max, Prusa i3, etc...).
- The ProFeeder is inserted into the heat sink of the Prometheus V2 so you do not need to worry about securing this part.
- The ProStruders use standard 4mm mounting holes that are spaced 50mm apart with the filament feed tube centered in between them. They are bowden extruders so they can be mounted somewhere on your printer frame that is accessible and minimizes the length of the bowden tube. This will be different for every printer.
- The overall distance from the tip of the nozzle to the top of the ProFeeder is about 13cm.
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.