Batman: Gotham City Chronicles - Season 2
Batman: Gotham City Chronicles - Season 2
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Tue, June 18 2019 7:00 PM UTC +00:00.
Batman™: Gotham City Chronicles is a mission-based miniatures board game where 2 to 4 players control the Dark Knight and his allies in their never-ending battle against crime through an asymmetrical and open game system.
Each game involves an action-packed fight where two sides face off. One of the players assumes the role of the Villain and controls the most notorious criminals of Gotham City. The remaining players take control of the Heroes, who must work together as a team to foil the Villain’s plots. Each side takes turns, pitting their strategies against each other in order to achieve their objectives.
Each game of Batman™: Gotham City Chronicles is played according to a mission which describes the plot, location of the action, setup of the game, number of turns, and the specific objectives each side is trying to achieve in order to win the game.
The game involves two opposing sides: the heroes and the villain. We wanted to represent that dynamic up front by making it obvious from the art on the boxes. That's right, boxes, because one box will not be enough to fit everything you will get.
But this separation has another purpose: it eases the setup of the game. The hero box contains the hero boards, screens, cards... everything the heroes need to play a mission. The villain box contains the miniatures, tiles, dice, and everything needed to prepare the command board for the fight to come. These 2 boxes will constitute the core game, which include all the base offerings plus all the Stretch Goals you have unlocked during the first campaign.
This pledge level allows you to pick and choose what you want, and then decide on your pledge level € total. A default pledge of €7 has been set, as this is almost the lowest value element of this campaign. Once you have made your selection and have totaled its’ value, you can directly enter that total € amount as your pledge.
For example: All you want is the Suicide Squad add-on (26 €), Batman Inc add-on (26 €), White Rabbit (6.5€), Carmine Falcone (6.5 €), and Nobody (6.5 €) from the picking zone. A total of 71.5€
So, select the “Your choice - Open pledge” pledge level and enter that total amount of 71.5€, overwriting the minimum pledge amount and you are set.
Adventure mode racked up 42 missions in season 1, is still supported with 9 NEW missions in season 2. And, some of the new season 2 characters can also be used in S1 core box adventure mode missions.
Finally, all season 2 characters come with their own tile, opening up a wider Versus mode selection pool for the 10 NEW versus mode missions.
Why are there two prices?
There are two prices displayed on season 2 elements, the lesser one is exclusive to this KS campaign, and the other will be the price per item once the Monolith WebShop goes live.
FYI - We anticipate that the Season 2 Batman product will be available on the Webstore several months after the Season 2 kickstarter has been delivered.
Red Hood – thank you gift miniature
If your pledge includes ANY elements from season 2, then the Red Hood is yours - free.
Pledge during the “Late pledge “stage or “No reward” pledge level and you can also pick him up as an add-on pledge within the pledge manager for €6.5.
Choose your favorite characters, then play them in Versus mode.
A series of Icons are displayed alongside each character that identify which missions or modes that character is useable in:
Details of all the game material that accompanies each miniature are also shown, so you completely understand that characters in game playability as you pledge.
How to play by Board Game Coffee:
Unboxing by Man Vs Meeple:
Review by Dice Tower:
Review by Board Game Revolution:
All pledge levels will be available in both English and French. You’ll be able to choose the language of your game during the pledge manager phase, after the campaign.
Tous les niveaux de pledge seront disponibles en français et en anglais. Vous pourrez choisir votre langue lors de la phase de pledge manager, à l'issue de la campagne. Attention cependant : seules les règles et les scénarios seront traduits en français. Le reste du matériel contient relativement peu de texte : le nom des cartes d'équipement et le nom des personnages resteront en anglais. Par exemple, Gueule d'Argile s’appellera Clayface.
Based on our experience, we will be charging shipping once the Kickstarter is over, based on the actual costs. We will collect the information via our pledge manager after the campaign ends. We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in China (Asia, Pacific, Brazil, and Japan backers), USA (USA), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers), Canada (Canada) and France (EU backers and the rest of the world). Bear in mind that these are just estimates for shipping the "130€ Base Game Core Boxes" pledge level and that costs may rise based on weight increases due to your final pledge selection and reasons beyond our control.
- USA: €25-€30 to most states except Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico.
- CANADA: €30-€35 to most cities.
- EUROPE: €20 to France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands. €25-35 to Spain (except Canary Islands), UK, Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Czech Republic and to most other countries.
- LATIN AMERICA: €120-€125 to most countries.
- BRAZIL: €150 to Brazil (including customs and tax fees)
- ASIA: €15-20 to China and Hong Kong. €50 to most other countries
- OCEANIA: €25 to Australia. €45-50 to New Zealand.
- AFRICA: €60 to Maghreb, €95 to South Africa.
- DOM-TOM: €70 to Réunion, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Mayotte, Guyane.
Here is the list of VAT Free countries: USA, Canada, EU (Europ. Union), Brazil, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Macao, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan.
We cannot ship to PO Boxes domestically or internationally, and to the following countries: Cuba, Iran, Burma (Myanmar), Sudan, North Korea and Syria.
Monolith is a company founded in 2014. Since then, Monolith created and successfully delivered 4 top board games driven by one goal: to create immersive games served by great gameplay mechanics and topped with high-quality components. Conan was the first of these games, Mythic Battles: Pantheon is the second, Batman: Gotham City Chronicles the third, and Claustrophobia 1643 is the last one. All of them have been delivered and very well received.
In addition to the people from Monolith, a huge team of passionate professionals has worked on Batman™: Gotham City Chronicles.
- Game Author: Frédéric Henry
- Artwork: David Finch, Anthony Jean, Milan Nikolic, Georges Clarenko, David Demaret, Alex Maleev, Stéphane Roux, Arnaud Boudoiron, Tomeu Morey, Sandra H. Archer, Jae Lee & June Chung.
- Lead sculptor: Arnaud Boudoiron
- Sculptors: Aragorn Marks, Edgar Ramos, Edgar Skomorovski & Irek Zielinski.
- Miniatures painter: Martin Grandbarbe
Batman and all related characters and elements © & TM DC Comics. (s19)
Risks and challenges
Monolith will do their utmost to ensure that deliveries start according to the announced schedules. However, it is never impossible that a problem may arise. Should this happen, we will do our absolute best to provide you with accurate information and to limit any delays to a minimum.
TERMS, CONDITIONS & REFUND POLICY
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, components, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented in this Kickstarter project page.
Regarding the payments made through Kickstarter:
• A full refund without any conditions within 14 days after the end of the Kickstarter campaign.
• 90% refund without any conditions from the 15th day after the end of the Kickstarter campaign to the day the first ship with Batman: Gotham City Chronicles content departs from China. The start of the shipping date will be announced in a Kickstarter update.
Regarding the payments made through the Pledge Manager:
• A full refund without any conditions within 14 days after the payment, not 14 days after the Pledge Manager closes.
• 90% refund without any conditions from the 15th day after the payment to the day the first ship with Batman: Gotham City Chronicles content departs from China. The start of the shipping date will be announced in a Kickstarter update.
Transaction fees may be applied by the transaction operator (normally Stripe). If the refund through Kickstarter or the Pledge Manager is not possible (for instance if the debit/credit card expired, or because of the use of a virtual card, or for any other reason), the refund will be made with a bank wire. Additional bank fees may apply depending on the bank and the country.
We commit to delivering your order in accordance with the information provided in the Pledge Manager, or refund 90% of the paid amount if you do not fill out the following information in the Pledge Manager by the time it is closed:
• Indicate the detail of your order
• Fill out your delivery information
• Pay your shipping fees
• Validate and confirm your order in the Pledge Manager.
We regret we are unable to ship to PO Boxes, and to following countries:
Cuba, Iran, Burma (Myanmar), Sudan, North Korea and Syria.
• Follow the communications through the project updates. Kickstarter.com sends you each update by email, but if you do not receive them (spam, change in your email address…) it is up to you to stay informed. The updates are regular and all available on the Kickstarter project page. The updates will also be published on our Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/monolithedition/)
• Fill out your information to finalize your order, enter your delivery address and pay your shipping fees in the Pledge Manager before it is closed. The opening and closing dates of the Pledge Manager will be announced in a Kickstarter update.
• Update your delivery address in the Pledge Manager in case of change and provide valid information for your delivery (full address, email address, phone number). The deadline for updating your information and the delivery dates will be announced in a Kickstarter update. Updating your information cannot be done by mail or direct message via Facebook or Kickstarter. We will not be able to refund the orders delivered to an invalid address and the reshipment will be charged.
• Send your refund request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the necessary information to process your request (email address used on Kickstarter, amount of the requested refund, and the name of the game). To ensure the efficient processing of your request and its traceability, we can not guarantee an answer through the direct messaging of our Kickstarter or facebook pages.
• Accept the conditions and import taxes of the country you selected for your delivery. We can not refund the orders not delivered or for which the import taxes are too high in the destination country.
• Contact in priority the support service of your delivery hub for any issue related to your order :
- Issues related to the expedition of your parcel (absence, lost or damaged)
- Issues related to the content of your parcel (missing or damaged references)
- Issues related to the content of your game boxes (missing or damaged component)
The tracking information of your parcel is only valid for a few months. In case of an issue, if you do not contact the support service of your hub as indicated in the Kickstarter updates within 3 months after the end of the shipping period, we can not guarantee a positive answer to your support or refund requests.
If these terms are not acceptable to you, then we suggest that you do not participate in this crowdfunding campaign. Thank you for your understanding.
© 2017 Monolith and related logos and distinctive likenesses are trademarks or registered trademarks of Monolith Board Games. All rights reserved.
Batman and all related characters and elements © & TM DC Comics. (s19)