This project's funding goal was not reached on May 10, 2012.
About this project
The purpose of the app is to make life easier for musicians and DJs. We want to solve some of the coordination challenges you face when you manage your own gigs, so that you have more time to practice, perform and become a big star!
The current features of the app
- Add, edit and delete all your gig data
- Easily add profiles and swap between different profiles if you play with more than one band, or with different band set-ups
- Request fast feedback from band members on certain dates
- Create chat threads and add the band members you want to communicate with
- Push gigs to band members
- Add songs to set lists
- Create your sets and push them to band members
- If you have a customer request, but you can't or don't want to play the gig, you can send us the email adress of that customer throught the app. If we succeed in giving the gig to some else, you will get a different gig on a different day that suits you.
- Plus, we hope to be able to add more features to the first version based on the good input we will get from you, our backers!
I am a DJ - is the app for me, too?
Yes, you can use all the features of the app. Instead of band members, you probably have roadies who help you set up, or you do sets with the same DJs pretty often, or you feature a singer or a musician sometimes. So you can use the app as your personal gig planner, and you can use it to coordinate with others.
When will the app be ready?
We expect it to be ready 30 days after the KickStarter project ends
Why do we need so much money?
Apps are not that expensive to develop, but we want to make sure we develop a tool that you will get the most value from, from day 1. This can only be achieved by doing a lot of user tests and by using a very skilled development and design team.
This is what we will do with the money:
- Create the app for iPhone
- Create the app for Android
- Create a web page that will allow DJs/musicians to get features that are not suitable for the phone - such as integration with your webpage and integration with your book-keeping system.
- Create design that has a high usability and makes the app fun and easy to work with.
- Develop an API (application programming interface), which allows third party web pages to easily interact with GetAGig
The merchandise, give-aways, the swag!
This is a sample of the T-shirt you can get as part of some of the rewards. The sweatshirt looks similar, but with sleeves :) - you can't choose colours, but you can select size!!
Some bands may have needs that vary from the functions we will be building into the app, and because of this we would like to give these bands the option to adjust the app to their specific needs. So when we have the app done, you will be able to download the sourcecode from our website www.getagig.com
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)