My name is Chip Richter I write, produce and perform music for kids and their parents. The Dream Tree is the 7th album I've recorded for families over a span of fourteen years! Friends like you are the reason I've been able to do what I do. From the beginning, families supported my musical endeavors by purchasing CDs, booking and attending concerts at churches, schools, libraries and sharing the music with friends. I am blessed and absolutely humbled by that thought... Thank You!
Why use Kickstarter?
It's true this is my first Kickstarter Campaign. When I started recording my songs for kids and their parents there was no such thing as Kickstarter... in fact there was no such thing as iTunes, iPods, Facebook or Twitter! The way artists create and share original content now is very different than it used to be. In some ways these changes have allowed artists to be more connected to their fans and Kickstarter is great example of that. Your pledge will not only help us reach our goal giving us the funds we need to make The Dream Tree CD, it also makes your family a part of the team, a part of the process.
So what's The Dream Tree project about?
The Dream Tree project was inspired by some art work created by my son Austin when he was eight years old. He called his picture "The Dream Tree". I'm a dreamer and I loved this picture the moment I saw it. I also love encouraging children to use their imaginations and follow their dreams. Today Austin is 20 years old and in his second year of Art School and he continues to inspire me as I watch him use his gifts and follow his dreams. I've written some new songs for this project that I hope will inspire your children as they begin to follow their dreams. There are also songs about trees and gardens and things that grow (like our gifts and dreams) and some things that help us grow. There are a few silly songs too just for fun!
Where does the money go?
Creating high quality resources for kids and families is not cheap but has always been a top priority for me. From the very first album I felt it was important to always produce the best possible product. I think The Dream Tree CD could be the best one yet. Here's what this Kickstarter Campaign will be paying for:
- Studio and Recording Expenses Tracking/Editing/Mixing/Mastering Copyright Licensing
- A professional artist who will create custom, one of a kind artwork for the CD cover, Posters and T-shirts.
- A professional designer who will incorporate the custom artwork into the layout and design for the CD packaging.
- The Manufacturing/Duplication/Printing/Packaging of CDs
- Printing of Posters and T-shirts
- Working with a PR/Marketing Professional to help us share The Dream Tree CD with a larger market.
- Finally cost of all shipping, postage and the Kickstarter fee.
Our Stretch Goals:
The Dream Tree project is our immediate focus but we have lots of very cool projects waiting in the wings to share with families. Since we're "dreaming" here let's dream big!
Stretch Goal #1 Music Videos / $15,000
- In addition to The Dream Tree CD we have plans to create some fun, professionally produced music videos that we've been scheming and planning about for awhile now. I think your kids will love them and will want to watch them over and over again. If we can reach this stretch goal our plan is begin shooting in the late summer and have the videos out by fall 2014. Supporters of this Kickstarter campaign will get the videos first via digital download.
Stretch Goal #2 Online TV Show for kids and families / $35,000
- I've been developing a TV show for kids and families called Once Upon A Porch. You can read all about it here. If we are able to reach this stretch goal we will begin work in fall shooting and producing the first season of episodes. We'll be working with a professional production company as well as some very talented artists.
Check out the cool rewards ---------->
Pledging to The Dream Tree project on Kickstarter is not about charity but about investing in something you really like and would probably buy anyway but by participating in the campaign you'll receive some great rewards. Everything from autographed CDs, Posters and T-shirts to VIP Tickets, Birthday Songs, Private Concerts and a Weekend at Lakeside. Pick one that looks like a good fit for your family and pledge today. Notice too that some of the pledge levels have a limited number of rewards offered so if one of those look interesting don't wait till the last minute to pledge.
You and your kids and your family are the reason I do what I do. Bringing smiles and laughter, helping create teaching moments and memories that you'll share for a lifetime, that's what it's all about.
Risks and challenges
Truthfully, succeeding on Kickstarter is our largest hurdle. If we do experience setbacks, we will share those details with our supporters. Lots of planning and decision-making have led us to this moment, where we are now asking you to take part. We feel very confident that, with your support, we can grow The Dream Tree.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)