ecojotCONNECT is the free app that easily digitizes your handwritten notes when using app ready stationery. Be smarter, think on paper.
ecojotCONNECT is the free app that easily digitizes your handwritten notes when using app ready stationery. Be smarter, think on paper. Read more
About this project
Over a year ago, my sister, Carolyn, and I were back at our annual drawing board thinking of ways to bring paper back to life. Six years of servicing the industry has allowed us to see many changes especially when it comes to the question of are people writing anymore? That’s when we hit the streets and started asking artists, business people, students, retailers, friends and family if they write on paper. They all said YES; when it came to their initial thoughts/ideas. We were thrilled!
People do write and we can keep them writing by combining technology to the mix.
Let's face it we depend on technology but there is something about the act of putting pen to paper that is irreplaceable!
ecojotCONNECT launched in spring 2014 allowing users to easily digitize their handwritten notes by using our app ready journals, sketchbooks and notebooks.
Working with developers and prototypes has been an exciting challenge and the app has come a long way but it’s definitely not cheap. We’ve spent tens of thousands of dollars bringing version one to life now it’s time for us to make it even better. We want to simplify the creative thought process from pen to paper to technology. Doing so will cost more and we need your help!
ecojotCONNECT version one
- Easily snaps your jot when the coded corners are aligned with the transparent boxes in snap mode.
- Image is automatically adjusted by cropping out everything outside of the page and if the lighting is right it will remove the lines!
- Colourful folders allows you to organize your notes.
- Share anywhere via dropbox, email, sms, social platforms or add it to your camera roll.
- It’s free for iPhone and Android smartphone devices.
- Editing features allow you to adjust the image quality, utilize brush tools & highlighters and add fun clip art to your notes.
Your Pledge will Help Fund:
ecojotCONNECT version two
- Quicker scanning capabilities- your jot should snap in a second not seconds!
- Multi-page pdfs – Save and share up to 6 paged pdf files.
- Richer editing features – enhanced colour options, better brush precision and more clip art!
- Tag our jots for easy searching.
- Enhanced viewing options – swipe from side to side in full screen mode or scroll up and down.
Think on Paper
We believe that the ecojotCONNECT is a super fun app that will keep us thinking on paper while staying organized and connected to our digital needs. Here are some other reasons:
- When an idea strikes the fastest way to jot it down is on paper.
- When you need to study for exams in less than two weeks you thank yourself for physically writing down your note. For some reason when you used to type them the info just didn't absorb.
- When you want to share your handwritten notes, you can easily do so with the app and without the worry that your camera phone would share your lunch and random desk junk too.
- When you're in the middle of an important call, your go to notetaker is your trusty pen and notepad.
The list goes on and on but really, why is this?
According to an article Better Learning through handwriting from University of Stavanger, "when writing by hand, our brain receives feedback from our motor actions, together with the sensation of touching a pencil and paper. These kinds of feedback is significantly different from those we receive when touching and typing on a keyboard."
Here are a bunch of other articles you may access:
Your support is key. Whether it's a virtual high-five, a social media share or support at levels that include receiving your own app ready journal, we thank you for taking part in our journey to evolve the use of pen to paper. #ecojotCONNECT #PaperMovement #Passiton
Please take a look at the different options available for you to participate. Thank you backers!
Have you asked yourself yet why you keep seeing Woody Harrelson's face on our sketchbook packaging labels?
We're friends with StepForwardPaper founded by business partners Jeff Golfman and Woody Harrelson. Mark Gavin and Jeff Golfman met through Canopy Planet and they joined the B Corp team to certify both our better business practices.
So we thought what better way to collaborate than to produce the 7x10 app ready sketchbooks with 60% wheat-straw paper!
Commercial Video & Music credits go to www.s7productions.com
Photography credits go to DnA Snapshots
Kickstarter Video by ecojot staff member & Music by Apple iMovie library
Risks and challenges
It’s been a challenging and exciting process. We designed the look and flow of the app to make it easy and fun to use. This took endless hours trying to decide how one would use the app from start to finish. It's been an interesting challenge as there are many parts to create a simple design. Prior to launching version 1 we tested the app with artists, tech people, students, fans, retailers, family and friends. We took all their feedback and worked with our development team to apply them as best as possible. Some requests we've had to hold off but now with this campaign we're hoping to follow through.
We've got the design of the stationery, packaging, manufacturing and shipping altogether. Although some minor challenges may arise come version 2 with regards to these components.
This is our first kickstarter campaign, and we would appreciate any suggestions on how to create a valuable experience for all backers and to help ecojotCONNECT reach it's full potential.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (45 days)