- Made of USA FDA certified, the highest rate USP Class VI implantable medical grade silicone
- The manufacturing process is FDA audited annually and ISO 10993 approved.
- BPA free, phthalate free and latex free
- Proudly 100% design, made and packaged in USA
- Manufacturing process is FDA audited and ISO 10993 certified
- Innovative solutions for comprehensive coverage from front teeth to back molars
- 360-degree, symmetrical anti-choke design that is ergonomically superior
- Can be used at any angle and easy for babies to handle
- The original naturally inspired sensory shape, texture, and color that helps promote baby’s sensory and hand/eye coordination development
- Reserved loop for pacifier strap to provide pain relief anytime and anywhere without losing it
- High tear strength material
- Freezer and dish washer safe (from -40F to +248F / from -40C to 120C), safe to boil in the water
- WowieStar is an artwork with attention to fine details and craftsmanship
- Packaging is made with 100% recycled and food packaging rated material
PROUD ABOUT THE MATERIAL
WowieStar proudly made of USP Class VI and ISO 10993 medical grade silicone which is highest rated silicone and could be implantable in human being's body for up to 28 days. The material has been provided to customers formulating or fabricating products for health care, personal care or other human body contact applications. The material has been passed the following tests:
- Systemic Injection Test
- Intracutaneous Toxicity Test
- Intramuscular Implantation Test
- Agar Diffusion Test
- MEM Elution Test
- Hemolysis – Rabbit Blood
- Ames Test
- Kilgman Maximization Test
- Systemic Injection Test
SAFEY is always our first priority, we won't comprise it for anything else.
THAT LITTLE LOOP
We all have experience(we can't call it "bad" experience) that how easy baby goodies get lost and seems they can never be found. Or maybe suddenly right after when you think your kiddos outgrow of the toy and never need them anymore, they just appear in front of you! It's so costly(in terms of both money and time) to look for them. We came up with the idea that why not just use binky strap to make everyone's life easier.
Our good friend Kerry, a mom of 2 kids and always has very alert mom's instinct, has provided an important feedback on the little loop. "It is a very thoughtful design, is the loop easy to broken by kiddos?", "Will kiddos swallow of the broken pieces?" The WowieStar team had discussed it in design phase. We believed you have similar questions on that little loop, then we made a damaged test on that little loop strength with hand scale and recorded the result.
- The little loop has very high strength to 8+ lbs force, it's much beyond teething kids' power.
- Even it's broken, it's still attached to WowieStar very well and won't fall apart; Actually it's even harder to pull the loop off the WowieStar after it's broken.
What is 8+ lbs force anyway? We converted it to the weight of apples :)
FIRST IDEA TO PROTOTYPE
- Safety – use the safest materials and manufacturing process to ensure the highest quality products
- Function – Deliver comprehensive functions that teething babies need (no compromises) especially cover the molars
- Design - Aesthetically attractive design and bright color selections that attract babies at first glance,
We started with some research of industry criteria and baby teethers currently on the market. We CAD designed few shapes of teether and made it produced prototype with low cost material to try the fit, function wise they were all fine but not artistically appealing, it did miss something important. Our” eureka” moment sparkled when we realized that a “life-like” seastar shape would meet and exceed the design and function criteria that we had set forth. From here, we deployed various rapid prototyping techniques to refine the design and functions. Once our design was completed, we began an exhaustive search for a domestic or an international manufacturing partner that would meet our safety goals. During the entire process, we kept our ultimate goal that nothing can be compromised to safety. Eventually we were so excited to find a US manufacturer that could meet our goals in all aspects and has so much value in common.
We have covered the cost of:
- WowieStar Prototye
- WowieStar Modeling
- WowieStar Strap design and sample
- WowieStar Package design
- All shipment cost
- WowieStar Market Research and Customer Feedback
- WowieStar first batch production
- WowieStar Strap first batch production
and will work on soon:
- WowieStar Package production and fulfillment
- Retailer Insurance
- Retailer logistics
- 2nd batch of WowieStar and Strap Production
- Marketing & Promotion
- All shipment cost
In the same vein, during our meticulous business development process, we have exhausted our savings. We are graciously seeking your support in sharing our vision and proud to provide the most complete gum massager to help teething babies and their families all over the world. Your generous help in moving project forward would be much appreciated. We would love to see because of you, WowieStar being brought to life successfully.
Few updates from our partners:
WE LOVE BE CONNECTED WITH YOU <3:
- Facebook: wowiestar
- Instagram: teamwowiestar
- email: email@example.com
Risks and challenges
We would like to share with every backer that the most critical challenges for WowieStar project is funding, funding and funding. Besides our own savings into this project, grandparents from both sides have generously supported us. We are so proud we never deviate to our North Star during the whole process.
We are graciously seeking your support in sharing our vision and proud to provide the most complete gum massager to help teething babies and their families all over the world. Your generous help in funding this project into reality would be much appreciated. We would love to see because of you, WowieStar being brought to life successfully.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)