Is to arm every animal lover, sanctuary, organisation and volunteer with the tools needed to make a difference for animals in need. With the FurzAid Animal Rescue App, you can easily bring assistance to any stray, lost, injured or ill animal that you find, anywhere in the world.
Let’s face it, everyone has that story of the stray or injured animal that they came across and wished they could do something. And yet, it’s often not that simple. Many people face the same barriers when it comes to animal rescue: they don’t know who to contact and what to search for; they don’t know how much this is going to cost them in terms of time and money; they often perceive the problem as too difficult, look the other way and try to move on from that unpleasant experience.
Facing the same difficulties over and over again, we’ve decided to create a tool that evaporates all of the obstacles mentioned above along with many others. We are developing an app that empowers you to take action in less than 30 seconds, using only your phone. There is no other platform anywhere in the world that provides quick access, connectivity and assistance, with such broad scope but also with a simple and streamlined user experience.
Who is the App developed for:
The application is designed to assist both people who want to help animals in need, and organizations, vets and volunteers that have the resources to come to their aid.
How does it work:
In case you stumble upon an injured animal or lose your beloved family pet, with our app all you have to do is capture (or upload) a photo with your phone, add a location tag and post the rescue. FurzAid will take it from there. We will reach out to those in location that can bring the best assistance to the animal you’ve found or help with your lost pet.
To benefit the help-providing organisations, we’re also developing an in-depth and easy to use functional rescue management tool.
Read more about how the app benefits both sides below.
How FurzAid helps the common animal lover.
FurzAid overcomes most challenges and brings the power of animal rescue to your fingertips, allowing you to take fast action on your phone. Now you can help without touching the animal and putting yourself in danger.
FurzAid goes far beyond the ‘Post a New Rescue’ option. Here are some of the functions you can benefit from:
- Create a User Profile: Set up a profile, receive reviews and keep track of your rescues.
- Receive awards for every animal rescue you have initiated.
- Follow up your rescue: Talk to those involved in your rescue in real time and stay updated on the animal’s condition and recovery.
- Protect your own pet with the “Lost pet” function: You can add information about your pet, including microchip details. Should your pal ever be lost, you can quickly 'blast' out to the local community an instant notification. This will give you the best chance to bring your family member back home. *This Opt-In is a paid subscription feature.
- Map View “In Vicinity” or “Search Location”: Find any sanctuary, organisation, vet etc. that can help any animal you find.
- Share your Animal Rescues on Social Media: Tell your story on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Post a Review: Review other users, vets, organisations etc. that have responded to or aided in your animal rescue with star ratings & comments. Share your reviews on Social Media.
- Support and Donate: Follow the organisations that have responded to your animal rescue post and support their ongoing work through donations.
- Volunteer: Assist local sanctuaries or organisations with different tasks.
With many more features to come in future version releases.
How FurzAid helps Volunteers and Organisations.
A big part of FurzAid’s success is due to the amazing support and the tireless work of all organisations, vets and volunteers who respond to the animal rescue posts.
We give back to them by providing a backend management platform and an everyday tool to aid them in the following:
- Organise your tasks: Issue job numbers, create job names, add notes and tags within jobs and rescues.
- List of rescues: keep a history of your rescues; “flag to top” greatest success stories.
- Post a job: Post a rescue from this page to its members.
- Chat facility: Chronological feed for discussions between members and volunteers.
- Reviews: Star rating and comments that are displayable upon the Organisation’s profile page.
- Shareable social media content: Share rescue success stories to social media to grow an audience and raise awareness.
- Accept Donations: A ‘Call to Action’ that directs donations straight to the organisations’ chosen financial location. No middle handling of money.
- Invite, accept, create, decline members.
Our Fabulous Team
My name is Adam and I’m the Founder of FurzAid. My journey started somewhere on the streets of Ibiza, where I was first exposed to stray cat colonies. Heart-broken by the many feline individuals, suffering from hunger, illness and injuries, struggling for survival, I gradually came to the realisation that one person does not have the power to change the world for every animal, but every person has the power to change the world of at least one animal. A realisation that many years later became the core ethos of FurzAid.
Over the years, following the motto that action is born when you JUST TRY, led me from feeding stray colonies, to searching out animals in need, and then onto searching out organisations and sanctuaries to visit and support. All those vital experiences helped me learn two important lessons:
- There is almost always someone in location, trying to bring assistance to local animals.
- Finding and connecting with these local people is often very time-consuming and challenging. Only if there was a tool to facilitate that important connection…
This was my ‘lightning bolt’ revelation! Determined to create the most successful outcome for any animal that I find in need, I spent the last year developing an idea, a brand and a platform that will empower others to ‘Just Try’; to bring assistance to any injured animal they find, anywhere in the world.
And that’s where you, animal lovers, come in. With your help, we will further develop the app and hopefully, release version 1.0 by May 2019.
Risks and challenges
Risks and challenges
Although it is the intent and ultimate commitment of the team of FurzAid Ltd to develop, test and launch FurzAid Animal Rescue App, like any ambitious project, there are risks and challenges that may affect the App’s completion after successful campaign funding. Realistically, these challenges may not become obstacles or great limitations to completion,
however, it’s noteworthy mentioning them:
Development problems: Back end and full stack development are the most-costly part of any Application project completion. Detailed here, are the most common challenges for App Development:
- Developing the right MVP (Minimum Viable Product) and having a unique product that stands out within the saturated App marketplace.
- Securing funding to complete the build and beyond.
- Choosing to build the App upon the most suitable development technology.
- Development consideration for different screen sizes, devices and operating systems.
- Consumer Security and Data Protection.
Due to the ambitious design and planned versatility of the FurzAid App, we are planning and budgeting for limiting development problems in the following ways:
- Contracting of a full-time London based developer and not hiring an overseas agency: This allows our team to work together, in the same
location, accurately and correctly story-boarding & mapping, designing, coding & developing and managing App progression in real-time.
- Story-boarding a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for FurzAid version 1.0: Although we have an extensive and ambitious ‘wish list’ for the functionality and versatility of the FurzAid App, we will focus on the core features of the App for version 1.0. We want to deliver a robust functionality and performance excellence. Many additional features will be added after we fine-tune the basic ones.
- Reaching our base target of £6,500 for our Kickstarter campaign will allow us to develop our most basic MVP. However, to achieve our ambitions of bringing to market as versatile and robust operating platform as possible, we have two stretch targets. The first being £20,000 and the second £35,000 and beyond.
- Beta Testing over a broad spectrum of devices, locations and operating systems to ensure (as much is possible) an excellent UX/UI for the Version 1.0 release.
- Training and Business Development of FurzAid Ltd core members: In order to direct, develop and effectively transform the FurzAid vision into Application reality, we will invest a small amount of the raised funds into proper training for the team members.
- Forecasting a realistic timeline to enable a solid and robust bulid.
Illness/Injury/Death: Although these are unlikely risks, it is always possible, being a small team, that one of the core members of FurzAid Ltd could be afflicted by one of these very unfortunate occurrences. This is why we are building our physical working environment in one single location and developing this Application with complete transparency and constant communication within the team. Therefore, should any one member be unable to continue, the others can still carry on to completion and committed delivery of FurzAid Animal Rescue App.
Is there some other potential issue you’re wondering about?
If you have this burning issue, others are probably wondering too! We’d welcome your email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will personally make sure that you are responded to.
If you would like to see FurzAid Animal Rescue App become the Simple-Action tool that every animal lover on the planet has on their device to bring assistance to any animal in need that they find, anywhere in the world. And become the ‘One-Stop’ management platform for every Animal Charity, Sanctuary, Organisation and Volunteer to easily assist and support then in their invaluable and tireless work. Then please support us by pledging to your desired reward level now and we look forward to making this essential animal rescue tool a reality.
Whilst you’re here, why not share our campaign on social media too, because:
“One person does not have the power to change the world for every animal, but every person has the power to change one animal’s world”.
This is the power of FurzAid, Animal Rescue App!
Thank you kindly for your support.
FurzAid, Animal Rescue App.
- (32 days)