TapUSB - Just one tap to switch on/off the power from a USB socket.
Add a touch power switch to any USB-powered device simply by plugging TapUSB between the USB power port and the USB device.
- Anyone that love touch control, easy, convenient
- Anyone want to be flexible, want to save energy (3 µA standby)
- For developers need to constantly reboot, reset USB devices
- Just one tap to turn on/off USB bulbs/lamps/lights, USB fans, USB heaters and other USB powered gadgets
- For all USB 2.0 devices which need to be powered on and off individually. (Up to 3A)
- One touch to power reset USB powered devices
- Prevent the USB connector from wear and tear due to frequent pulling and inserting the USB device
- TapUSB last much longer than mechanical switches.
- One tap stop charging your cell phone, it will increase the battery life
- More advanced than regular switch, also save energy
- Just tap/touch to restart or reboot your devices(Arduino, Rasberry PI, and more)
One Tap start and stop iPhone charging
DIY flash light
TapUSB magic: Spoon and knife
TapUSB compatible with many USB devices
Use with USB bulbs, USB lights, USB lamps, speakers, headphones, USB external battery pack, USB power bank, USB fans, mouse, keyboard, microphone, memory stick, WLAN stick, Bluetooth stick, USB stick, sound cards, HUB, router, PC, laptop, netbook, Arduino Controller, Rasberry PI, chip card reader, keyboard, mouse, HDD, printers, scanners, smartphone docking station and many more.
Use in Bathroom and Kitchen (Night-lights)
Laptop USB lamp
For your smart phone
Bedroom one tap night-light
Use with Arduino:
Here Arduino is flashed with ArduinoISP to program other Arduino.
Use with TI /CC2540CC2541 BlueTooth BLE dev board:
Picture of TapUSB Mainboard
Some of the USB LED and devices we tested:
We are in final phrase of testing, end of March, 2016 will be small batch production. The kickstarter campaign will help us to estimate the volume and lower the production cost. The benefit to you as a backer is early access and discount.
After charging iPad for 3 hours (1.3-1.5A) , TapUSB's temperature is about 35 degree celsius, room temperature is 22 degree celsius.
As a backer, you will get TapUSB before everyone else. You will also get discount compare to retail price.
Rewards are in CAD dollar, which is about 30% cheaper than USD.
You can choose different USB bulbs/Lamps and Wall chargers when we sending out the rewards. We will send wall charger fit your country's socket.
USB bulbs/Lamps you can see the picture above. We may found other similar ones later, you can swap before we ship out the rewards.
USB Wall Charger has fold out plug for easy storage and travel, here is the picture with US plug, we also found a supplier with Europe plug. UK plug is similar but not able to fold out.
We may also add other type of wall chargers later, again, you can before we ship out the rewards.
Risks and challenges
The TapUSB has been under development for many months, went through few prototypes.
TapUSB is relatively simple hardware, technical risks are low at this stage since the hardware has been extensively tested.
Our manufacturing partners we’ve been working with are the tops in the industry with decades of experiences. The final product may look different than the picture and video though.
Coming from eCommerce background, we have experience to send thousands of packages per day.
Even though we are working hard and make sure everything is good. Things can happen when you are less expected. Thank you for your patience and understanding!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)