About this project
Pro-Lighting for the rest of us
Our goal is to get StompLight into the hands, or should I say under the feet, of as many musicians, DJs and performers as possible.Thanks to your kind order once our project is funded we will put our CA contract manufacturer to work on the first StompLight production run and shipping fulfillment. A portion of the project funding will also be used to complete several cool accessories expanding StompLight's already amazing capability. Those amazing folks who fund our project will be invited to stay in touch, provide us product feedback, and share their experience at www.StompLight.com. You can read a great editorial about StompLight and it's founder Michael in the December issue of Music Trades Magazine.
5 lighting modes with dozens of colors
- Color Wheel Mode - Cycles through all the color variations with adjustable speed and brightness. Great for "stomp it and leave it" overall ambiance.
- Solid Color Mode - Choose your color as the mood hits you and wash the stage. Stunning colors include Ice Blue, Rasta Green, Purple People Eater and Demon Red. This mode is also great for back lighting when working with more than one StompLight.
- Microphone Mode (aka Color Organ Mode) Use StompLight's built-in microphone and spectrum analyzer to make StompLight respond to your playing and the frequency of the sounds you produce. This mode is great for live bands, house music, DJs and acoustic musicians looking for response and dynamics. Drummers will love the play/response feature of the Microphone Mode.
- Instrument/Mixer Mode (with a Spectrum Analyzer option and adjustable input gain) - Plug your electric guitar or bass, keyboard, microphone or mixer into StompLight's 1/4" input and generate exciting and responsive lighting.
- Stroboscopic Mode - Switch to the classic strobe effect with adjustable speed and brightness for dance parties, raves and haunted houses. People with photosensitive epilepsy and photo sensitivity should refrain from using this mode.
- Arduino-compatible hardware supports uploading new programs & completely customizing the visualization and hardware control functionality
- 12 volts with included wall wort power supply
Adjustable LED array with Cree Lighting technology
StompLight has proudly partnered with Cree Lighting in the engineering of the integrated microLED Array. StompLight's patented lighting array incorporates Cree microLEDs protected by a durable diffuser with outstanding light dispersal.
Risks and challenges
Our team is committed to building an extraordinary product with a predictable time frame and on budget. With that said one of our challenges is selecting our supply chain and identifying the ideal high quality part suppliers. StompLight, although simple to use, is complex underneath with plenty of innovative engineering including 2 unique printed circuit boards, a custom built metal enclosure and cutting edge LED technology. In the event that some unforeseen issues developed, say around part supply, we will stay in touch with our funders as we work through the issue. One of the reasons I chose to partner with a local CA contract manufacturing company is our team's ability to quickly meet challenges and communicate effectively.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (41 days)