Wootris - A Natural Wooden Tetris
Wootris - A Natural Wooden Tetris
A fun, challenging, portable and natural on a classic tetris game. 1 tree for every Wootris sold.
A fun, challenging, portable and natural on a classic tetris game. 1 tree for every Wootris sold. Read more
About this project
There's only 12 pieces. Can you fit all 12 pieces in the frame? Sounds easy, right? Not so much! Step up to the challenge!
Wootris is a cool, new and unique kind of puzzle. There is no picture on the puzzle as you might expect from a typical jigsaw puzzle. The concept is a simple one: can you fit all 12 pieces into the frame? Trust me, it's much more difficult than it seems!
If you're thinking that this is a jigsaw puzzle, think again. When playing the 1-person game, it's more of a brainteaser along the lines of the various mechanical games and logic games. There are literally thousands of possibilities! Can you find the correct one to solve Wootris?
Why Do We Think Wootris Is Awesome?
The game was inspired by the one of worlds famous game of all time, Tetris. The concept is a simple one: can you fit all 12 pieces into the frame. We wanted to make a game that can be enjoyed by anyone. Kids can have fun playing Wootris, and so can adults. Families can play Wootris together. Wootris was designed to be easy-to-learn & quick-to-play, yet there is enough strategy and luck involved to make every new game a little different than the last. It's fun for children, their parents, and anyone looking to use their mind. Wootris will stimulate anyone's brain.
Variations have been tested with people ages 5-60, and we've concluded from the positive reactions across the board that Wootris has something to offer anyone who picks it up. We enjoy being able to keep things friendly or make them competitive, partying solo to break up the workday, and setting challenges to match the amount of time we want to spend. Wootris can be whatever you make it.
Wootris takes just a few seconds to understand, but it can take hours to solve. The difficulty of the puzzle can't be overstated! It is VERY CHALLENGING!
- Time Trial Mode - Let's see how long it takes you to solve Wootris for the first time. Or you can beat your own record.
- Battle Mode - Play with your friend and family and see who's the fastest - Stack Mode - Stack up as tall as you can
Record Your Video
We challenge you to record a video. Let's see how long it takes you to solve Wootris for the first time. Email us the video and we'll upload it to our web.
Wootris was created as a tangible toy that challenges the imagination and creativity of everyone with straightforward and uncomplicated shapes. Wootris enhances us development by providing a means to explore spatial skills, organization, and planning in a fun way. This imaginative play is crucial for normal social, emotional and cognitive development. From here on, Wootris can be a game for many situations:
· A meditative tool: Tune out the noisy din of everyday life - finding the right solution focuses your attention and calms your thoughts
· A creativity booster: Think of new forms and try to assemble them.
· A challenge for your logical thinking skills: a challenge for even the most experienced gamers.
A few of the learning benefits include:
- Develops spatial & motor skills by rotating and assembling parts and snapping the blocks to the base
- Encourage problem solving by challenging to plan out and organize the blocks.
- An opportunity to develop yourself with your friends. Playing Wootris doesn't have to be a lone pastime, because playing together with your friends is a whole new experience of the game. And of course, the best new forms are born when friends have fun together!
- A toy for kids and adults of all ages For kids who like a special logic challenge, Wootris is a great way to fill their time and develop themselves. From what we've learnt through seeing them play, they are the best at creating new forms!
- A board game to test your strategic thinking.
Wootris dimension is 20 cm x 6 cm. Small enough to fit in to your bag.
We believe in our (and your) responsiblity for the planet. With every Wootris sold, we will be planting a tree at http://walipohon.tbmk.org/ - to help offset carbon footprints created in manufacturing and distribution.
Production Time Line
I hope you’ll join us and contribute to our campaign to make Wootris available to as many people as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to check out our campaign. I hope you are now absolutely intrigued by wooden jigsaw puzzles and I apologize in advance for your future wooden jigsaw puzzle addiction.
Risks and challenges
One of our biggest risks is timing. It also includes risks from the shipping process for the final leg of the journey from our workshop to your home.
We aim to minimize delays. If we run into any issues along the way, we will make sure to keep our backers aware with updates. We're going to do our best to get your Wootris to you in a prompt manner, while keeping the high quality level in making a great product that we hope you'll love.
Although we understand that there will be unexpected challenges along the way, we are confident that we will be able to deliver as per our projected plan. We will keep things transparent and inform our supporters of any hurdles/delay along the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (39 days)