Help Voices for Biodiversity share stories of people from around the globe. Your donation will support our online magazine's engaging content about the species and people who inhabit our world together.
Great stories — those that not only inform but also provoke, and inspire — are rare. They have a unique ability to connect us with each other, the natural world and the wildlife in it. They help us perceive in new ways and ignite action.
Our stories answer these questions:
How do my actions affect wildlife and biodiversity near me? What can I do to improve the world for other species? How can my story connect the human animal with the global ecosystem?
Furthermore, we actively seek out the voices of local people and communicate them in multi-media platforms, including articles, photo galleries, and videos. We have published hundreds of stories to date; help us fund hundreds more!
Through this Kickstarter campaign we will fully fund TEN new articles from around the world, from writing through production. Our pieces will include both videos and photos, and each will tell a unique story about both people and the natural world.
- In 2014 Voices for Biodiversity was awarded the prestigious Anthropology in Media Award by the American Anthropological Association. The Anthropology in Media Award was established in 1987 to recognize the successful communication of anthropology to the general public through the media.
- The National Federation of Press Women (NFPW) awarded an honorable mention to Voices for Biodiversity for being the “best website edited or managed by a nonprofit, government agency or educational organization” in its annual national communications contest. In 2015 Voices for Biodiversity won first prize for this award as well. The NFPW is a nationwide organization of women and men pursuing careers across the communications spectrum, including print and electronic journalism, freelancing, new media, books, public relations, marketing, graphic design, photography, advertising, radio and television.
- The New Mexico Press Women Communications awarded first prize to Voices for Biodiversity in both 2016 and 2015 for being the “best website edited or managed by a nonprofit, government agency or educational organization” in its annual communications contest.
- Our signature video, created by Kimberly Rose Williams, has won awards at the Taos Environmental Film Festival and the Moondance Film Festival.
- See full list here: http://voicesforbiodiversity.org/accolades
How You Can Help
Your gift will fully fund TEN new multi-media articles, from writing to editing to production. Please consider making a fully tax-deductible gift today.
Your gift will be matched dollar for dollar by the Blackstone Ranch Institute.
That's right! Through a matching grant, every dollar you give will be multiplied by two.
2. Tell your friends!
Please tell others about us and be sure to follow us to stay updated on this project! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for continuous updates
3. Story suggestions?
Do you know of a great biodiversity story? Tell us!
Risks and challenges
We have been publishing biodiversity-focused stories for years, and plan to use our wealth of experience to bring you incredible voices from around the world!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)