When our campaign ends, we'll email you to ask where you want your Little Feminist reward to go.
We will ask you for your kiddo(s) age range in an email right after our Kickstarter ends, so we send the best book box for their age.
Our one-time Holiday Gift Boxes are available for ages 0-7. Instead of activities to accompany the book, 0-2-year-olds receive a Little Feminist onesie.
Little Feminist's Book Club is built with 3-7-year-olds in mind. A book-loving 2-year-old will still love our Book Club, as will a picture-book-loving 8-year-old.
Don't have a 0-7-year-old in your life? You can donate your Little Feminist reward to a classroom in need! Donations will go to teachers chosen by our non-profit partner We Need Diverse Books.
- 1-2 BOOKS OF THE MONTH - each box is built around 1 hardcover or 2 paperback books-of-the-month that feature strong female characters and/or people of color. Our books are selected by a team of teachers, librarians and parents, then we vet them for 3-6 months!
- HANDS-ON SCIENCE AND/OR ART ACTIVITIES - packed with activities that make the book-of-the-month come alive, our box lets kids explore themes of feminism and social justice through fun and creative projects.
- DIY ACTIVITIES - parents don't need more toys & trinkets around the house, but that doesn't mean kiddos can't have fun with toilette paper rolls and dried beans! Our DIY activities are built to continue the books(s) themes and engage families for hours on end.
- FAMILY DISCUSSION QUESTIONS - tried and tested discussion questions foster ongoing conversation for the whole family, helping kids explore diverse topics with family support. We print our questions on bookmarks so they can stay with the book. ;-)
- Empathy will change the world, and we learn empathy from stories!
- All genders are brave AND kind. Books must encourage kiddos to be exactly who they are.
- Feminism is defined as the belief that all genders should have equal rights, which is why we should all be feminists!
Risks and challenges
Since our product is already produced, the risk is fairly low. We do ship our book subscriptions using USPS Media Mail, which can take anywhere from 2 to 21 days to arrive. This is why we will be shipping all of our subscription book boxes by Friday, November 30th.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)