What is UDC Hardcore?
Underground Dance Company is Alaska's premier street-style dance studio, and is home to the professional adult dance company- UDC Hardcore. This group of talented dancers are driven by performance, competition, and passion for teaching and sharing the art of dance. With versatile backgrounds ranging from tap, ballet, modern, cheer, and of course hip-hop, UDC Hardcore strives to create exciting, one-of-a-kind performances, as well as award-winning competition routines. Our mission is to inspire the youth in our community through dance, and to bring to Anchorage the highest quality of entertainment in dance show production.
What is RAW: The Journey?
RAW stands for "Real Attitude Within" and is a dance show concept originated from artistic director Gabe Harvey. "The Journey" is a collaboration that brings together his ideas of raw emotion and the journey of UDC Hardcore as a dance group. The concept of journey is represented in a thought-provoking and creative way, as each dancer is highlighted in compelling stories of love, work, struggle, and enlightenment. We hope that the audience can connect to these powerful stories, and perhaps see themselves on the same journey.
"RAW: The Journey" will be performed at the Dena'ina Center March 7th and 8th, 2014. UDC Hardcore brings urban dance and theatre together in a 65-minute show. Stage & Theater design by Art Services North, Lighting & Sound by Crossroads Productions. The show also features special guests Illaskan Assasins & DJ T-Ray. Get your tickets now and be ready for an unforgettable journey! Tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster.
What are we asking from you?
In order for UDC Hardcore to bring our vision to life, we need your help! Any dollar amount that you contribute will not only help us with the production costs, it would support our ultimate goal of inspiring our community through the art of dance.
Your financial support would help us pay for the following:
- The Venue. Renting event space from the Dena'ina Center costs a substantial amount of money, but the downtown location and exquisite space makes this venue ideal and well worth it.
- Stage design and set-up. Since the Dena'ina Center does not have a theatre, UDC has contracted Art Services North to design and build the perfect stage exclusively for the show.
- Lighting and Sound. Again, without a real theatre and only an event space to work with, UDC has to bring in lighting and sound, and has contracted with an amazing company- Crossroad Productions.
- Costumes. We hope to mesmerize the audience with costumes alone, and have elaborate and eye-catching costume designs.
- Media and Advertising. Help us get the word out!
- Commemorative posters and programs.
- Dancer/performer, music production, and event staff compensation.
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge will be transferring our performance ideas from the dance studio to our unique stage design. We can map out the stage in the dance studio, but there are height elements in our stage design that can only be rehearsed on the actual stage. Furthermore, we won't have our actual stage until the week of the show. As professional dancers, we know to be prepared for any obstacle that could arise, and can easily adapt our dances to any stage. However, this particular risk is unique and we hope that there won't be any substantial changes that need to be made at the last minute. Regardless, UDC Hardcore is known to bring high-energy dance and entertainment to our audiences, and we assure you that this show will be captivating and unforgettable.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)