About this project
Freeda Watches was created for the modern gentleman, offering a vintage reinterpretation of an Italian Dolce Vita luxury watch.
Our range includes several models and each of them allows dozen of customizations. The timepieces are offered directly to you at a fraction of the end user price!
Read below and learn more!
We've built our products on the idea that 'great inspiration' is everything.
So we found ours in one of the most magnificent seasons in recent Italian history: the 1960’s and the Dolce Vita lifestyle.
During this period a predominant café-society aspired to a glittery world rebuilt upon the ruins of the postwar era, and a key concept of the italian style started to develop: the “sprezzatura”.
The concept bases its roots into the definition of “studied carelessness”. It is the pursuit of perfection, cultivating, at the same time, the art of giving the impression of not trying at all.
This is the starting point of our journey in the creation of a timeless timepiece. We can’t wait to guide you through it!
Our team has been working for nearly 2 years with experts in different fields from all around the globe to define the “just right” design and product.
Two different models and several styles are available, to satisfy even the most sophisticated users!
We bet you’ll find the right solution fitting your style!
We researched among the world’s top timepiece manufacturers who have been leading the industry for years working for the high-street brands (with retail prices for over € 1500).
We looked for the "classic" leather patterns used at the time to perfectly match the 60's mood and enhance the wearing experience.
Freeda watches are featuring an easy and fast switching strap system.
Pull the pin on the spring bar, and easily fit it into the lug hole. Repeat it on both the halves of the strap, and a new watch is ready to fit your wrist!
Customize your watch for the day ahead in just a few seconds, and express your personality.
We are committed to offering you a unique timepiece. This is why every single watch produced will be numbered with our special "First Edition" serial number.
Our watches are featuring a plain back case that you can customize with a bespoke engraving service.
Whether it is an important date, initials or a short message, make your Freeda watch* even more personal.
The traditional sales channel of the luxury watch industry involves several steps and middlemen in between the producer and the end user customer.
Inspired by the modern Italian gentleman. Subtle and refined, marks the return of a classic and comforting style playing on the duality of eccentric materials and details from high watchmaking. A companion to wear with "studied casualness", synthesizing a charming taste for tradition.
Mix and match your favorite case style with a strap as per the options below. We will contact you at the end of the campaign to collect your preferences:
Sporty elegance supported by powerful and decisive lines, without compromising functionality. SS36GT ensures perfect versatility, from the street to the worldly event, the colors contrast, inspired by Gran Turismo races of the 60’s, ensures excellent readability, paying tribute to its racing soul.
Can’t choose your favourite strap? Get more than one!
Kickstarter only allows you to select one reward level.
To add an additional strap, just add € 20 to your pledge amount for each additional genuine italian leather strap.
We will contact you at the end of the campaign to confirm your preferences among the available options.
We found it fair for you to ask how we can offer our watches at a fraction of the price without compromises. Please check below for a few arguments:
1. We sell directly to the end user
2. We cut out the middlemen (Distributors/Wholesalers/Retailers) and their margins
3. We use components compelling to the highest quality standard to assemble our watches.
- Size (diameter / thickness): 35 mm / 7 mm
- Case: 316L stainless steel, chromed or gold
- Back case: Engravable stainless steel
- Movement: Swiss Ronda Movement 1064
- Date function: No
- Water resistant: 5 ATM, 50 meters
- Glass: Dome sapphire crystal with anti-scratch coating
- Hands: Hours/minute hand size: 9,50 x 14.00 mm - Second small hand size: 3.00 mm
- Crown size: 5.00 mm
- Strap: Genuine Italian vegetable tanned leather
- Strap size: 18 mm, best fit for 14 - 22 cm wrist
- Available strap colours: Brown or black, textured leather, alligator and lizard print
- Buckle: Stainless steel buckle chromed or gold
- Size (diameter/thickness): 40 mm / 7 mm
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel, chromed
- Back case: Transparent sapphire crystal with anti-scratch coating
- Movement: Japanese Miyota Automatic Movement 8215
- Date function: Yes @ 3:00 o’clock
- Luminous hands and dial: Yes, photoluminescent lume
- Water resistant: 10 ATM, 100 meters
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with anti-scratch finish
- Hands: Hours/minute hand size; 9.00 x 11.00 mm – Second hand size: 13.00 mm
- Crown size: 5.00 mm
- Strap: Genuine Italian leather
- Strap size: 20 mm, best fit for 14 - 22 cm wrist
- Available strap colours: Brown or black textured hole leather
- Buckle: Stainless steel chromed buckle
Please select your preferred reward. Once the campaign will be over you will receive a survey to specify your watch model, color finish and strap.
We’ve been testing, over the last months the products on a tight schedule.
We verified the functionality of the design, and the ability to respect the features claimed on paper.
The feedbacks received were great, and the products have been improved taking into consideration the suggestions of the beta test users:
- Marco Shaiba - "Back to the 60's with this amazing Plano watch!"
- Nina Vidienne - "Love my SS36GT! It is perfectly refined and with a sexy classic look. Keep up this way and you'll do great things guys!"
- Alvin Li - "Received it one month ago and it's been on my wirst ever since. Looking forward to your next collection"
- David Jakubow - "Thank you guys for bringing back the Dolce Vita allure in the watch market"
- Claudio Mori - "Freeda watches totally exceeded my expectations. High quality finishes, great design, at an affordable price"
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations". This phrase perfectly reflects the approach of Andrea, Freeda Watches founder.
Born and raised in Rome, Sicilian blood running through his veins.
He has literally traveled across 6 continents (excluding Antarctica) as an export manager representing various Italian companies, ranging from truck tires to pet accessories and design furniture. He developed sales and distribution networks around the globe and took part as a strategy consultant in e-commerce and IT start-up.
Style enthusiast and passionate about vintage watches, he founded Freeda to share his concept of Italian affordable luxury with the world.
Of course to board on this adventure we needed a great team!
There is nothing better than being involved in a project with people you value. A close-knit group of professionals in various fields advising with regards to their expertise: from purchasing and logistic, to design and marketing. We all have experience with product development, and most importantly working with each other.
Over the last 2 years, and especially the last few months we’ve been working very hard to reach this point, creating something disruptive and new.
We guarantee a full commitment to the project until the last Freeda Watch will be shipped, and received by the last but not least backer.
We’ll make sure everyone will be fully satisfied.
To reach this final goal we need your support! Let’s spread the Freeda Watches word together!
Freeda Watches will be shipped worldwide. All items will be inspected and carefully hand-packed before dispatching. Please note that you may be responsible for any amount charged by the government of your respective country. This includes, and it is not limited to, duties, taxes and any extra fees charged by the courier company.
All our watches are covered by a 1 year International Warranty.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Risks and challenges
Let’s be frank: this is our first experience on Kickstarter! On the other hand, we selected a range of manufacturing partners leading the watch industry since decades. Moreover, a close-knit group of professionals in various fields have been part of the team, advising with regards to their expertise.
We planned carefully every step of this campaign, always considering the worst-case scenario (just in case!). All the potential risks and challenges have been anticipated, to have a solution ready to any need!
Unfortunately, life is made of unforeseen issues. For any of those which might take place, we will always guarantee transparency with our backer community keeping them informed and providing quick solutions.
We have invested into our idea a lot of time and money. So we are determined to make it happen!
The products featured in the pictures of our campaign are the final versions. The samples have been tested already, and the ability of our manufacturer partners to provide the products within the claimed timing are verified.
We thank you in advance for all the support! We can’t wait to see where this goes, together!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (33 days)