"This is AMAZING! ... An entrepreneur's dream organization tool!! I look forward to being a proud user of them when they come available and will gladly refer all of my fellow entrepreneurs to it." - Sarah Brandow
"I'm seriously so excited about this planner. I feel nerdy saying that ... I heard about NeuYear from a friend. She and I had just been talking about how overwhelmed I’ve been feeling trying to keep track of everything on my smartphone." - Emily Hunter
- The Week Dominator is 52 weeks in two books. Each book is 6 months, so we're able to use beautiful, thick paper and it's easier to carry around.
- The pages are 8.5" x 11". Including the vegan leather hard cover, the finished size is 9.25" x 11.25".
- Weeks are completely undated. There are no dates on the weeks. This lets you skip weeks, start early, start late, gives you freedom & flexibility.
- Planner includes 8 pages of front matter: calendars for 2015 & 2016, a page to write goals, pages for review of your months.
- After the front matter, the Week Dominator has 2 page spreads (4 pages) for each week.
Page Spread 1) The Week View (shows the week)
Page Spread 2) The Week Review (space for notes, drawings, goal tracking & review of the week)
Here’s what the page spreads look like (these are digital images):
2 pages of the planner at the front are used for reviewing your months. We call it 80/20 after the 80/20 rule (AKA the Paretto Principle) which states that "roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes." The pages below will help you stop doing things that are a waste of time, and help you focus on the most important 20%.
The Week Dominator Kit is $38 & it includes the planner + two more useful tools. Which are:
1) Today's Action Plan - a well designed daily task list.
2) Task Inventory - a running list of tasks for each project domain you're working in. This helps you keep track of all your to dos and divide them by project/client/home/start-up/etc.
The Complete Domination System includes the Kit, mentioned above, and a companion calendar from NeuYear.net of your choice (excluding the Giant Calendar 6' x 3'). This will help you keep your long range goals in mind as you focus on each week. Here's an example calendar:
In 2011, I (Jesse), had just left my job and was trying to launch a startup. After a couple unsuccessful attempts at web startups, I decided to try a physical product. I had been making my own wall calendars for years, and I knew they would probably be useful to other people too. In September 2011, I launched a successful Kickstarter campaign for NeuYear calendars.
A couple years later, I met Trevor. We were both using the pomodoro method and other time management strategies and we both were dissatisfied with the planners that were out there. We talked about creating a planner that would incorporate the best time management and success principles and have a special layout for time blocking & the pomodoro technique.
I created a Beta version of the planner earlier this year that was well received and highly reviewed. Then Trevor and I teamed up to complete the project. We've gone through several revisions and made some major changes from the Beta. Including adding a lot of time management and goal planning features that make The Week Dominator much more useful.
Risks and challenges
Printing can be finnicky. We are extremely confident that we'll have these to you by December 2014, hopefully by November. However, problems could arise with printing, such as taking longer than expected to get the colors right, or problems with the binding not closing very well - that's one part we're working hard on right now.
Currently our printing company is a little slow with samples, so if we have to go through too many rounds of samples, we may get tight on our delivery date, but we have provided space for that. Hopefully planners will be ready by November, but December at the latest.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)