PHPWomen is 7 years old & to celebrate we are creating our own batch of PHPWomen Purple ElePHPants!
PHPWomen has always been an inclusive organzation with a focus on women. For the last 7 years, we have been helping by supporting people to speak at conferences, fund people to attend conferences, as well as attend, start and run user groups.
We want to do more!
For every elePHPant bought during this fundraising initiative, you will be helping PHPWomen raise money towards its 2014 goals:
- Continuously spread support for an inclusive community.
- Funding women to attend conferences.
- Bring a new education initiative in the form of PHPBridge events.
The Purple ElePHPant
Each ElePHPant will proudly display the PHP logo and the PHPWomen logo, one on each side.
The process for manufacturing the ElePHPants takes about 4-6 months:
- Choose Fabric and Confirm Design (2 weeks)
- Verify Prototype (2-4 weeks)
- Production Run & Delivery (8-16 weeks)
- Then of course we need to ship them all to their new homes!
We need to order at least 900 small ElePHPants to meet the minimum order requirements.
Get your purple ElePHPant Now and help raise funds for our 2014 goals!
Risks and challenges
The ElePHPant design is tried and tested, with thousands already being loved by many of us! We are working directly with the same factory that has manufactured every elePHPant to date!
The biggest challenge is handling the shipping from either the US or EU to their final destination, with hundreds of packages to ship this can take a while for just a few people!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)