Hi! We're Elaine and Efka and for three years we've made funny and informative board game reviews and we very much need your help to continue. Fan funding would allow us to keep going for another year and consistently put out weekly videos and other great content we hope to unlock with stretchgoals. Each review we make takes a lot of time and dedication. Instead of teaching you the rules, we focus on in-depth analysis coupled with whimsical non-sense - the best of both worlds. If you want to see more of what we do, please check out our YouTube channel.
Many of you requested a progress bar to see how far along the campaign is for folks who don't see the currency in pounds. So we made a handy graph for you!
But enough about us, we've got some fantastic rewards lined up for you and we can't wait for you to check them out.
Whether you want to pledge a buck or more, this is probably the most important pledge level for us. As much as we want to hand out awesome rewards, we are limited by what we've got. If our videos is all the reward that you need, this is the best way to say "thank you & keep going!"
We were incredibly fortunate to have Isaac Childres and Jamey Stegmaier offer us promos for last year's two most exciting Kickstarted board games.
For Gloomhaven, we will have an all new digital adventure, co-written by us and Isaac. The adventure will seamlessly integrate into any campaign. Wait, doesn't Gloomhaven have like 95 adventures? Yes, and you need one more.
For Scythe, we have a promotional encounter card, previously unavailable anywhere else, giving you yet another way to subjugate the eastern European worker population.
And by popular demand, we added a level that lets you bypass the shipping if you just want the Gloomhaven adventure and don't want the Scythe promo.
So maybe you're not that big on promos, or maybe you don't have a lot of interest in the games that the promos are for. But you still want to support us and want a little something to commemorate your support. And that's what this pledge level is for. You'll get a sticker featuring a scene from the Kickstarter video and a unique backer badge that you can wear to your game night and be proud.
Dice Stars is a roll-and-write game from Bruno Cathala and Ludovic Maublanc and now you can roll-and-write your way to... Mercury. We are certain that that makes sense. (Board Game Geek entry).
Imperial Settlers was a game we loved a lot so we're very happy to offer the Explorers promo, or as we like to call it, yet another way to be mean in the very mean card game (Board Game Geek entry).
Plus, the promos from pledge level 2.
This pledge level lets us offer something very exciting. Whilst it includes no physical rewards, it allows you, our fans, to be directly involved in our creative process. Each pledge will let you do two things:
- Once per month vote on a game we're going to review. Each month we'll send out a poll to the backers of this pledge, with a potential list of games we should review, and you'll get to choose one and cast your vote. This puts you directly in control of 1/4th of our content for the next year.
- You'll be sent a monthly newsletter with updates on what reviews we have planned. If you have any thoughts on any of the games we plan to review - grab your phone, record a (up to 20 second) selfie with your thoughts and send it to us. And we'll put it at the end of our review. And you can do this not once, but twice in the coming year (we reserve the right to edit the contents and refuse inappropriate content).
Plus, just because you're awesome, we'll send you the Gloomhaven Digital Adventure, the backer badge and sticker.
You love us, and that's great. We love you too and we love things with lots of stuff in. This is one of those things. First, we combine pledge level 3 and pledge level 4 and then add even more promos.
For Quadropolis, a game that is begging more content, we have the High-Tech Factory because you love pollution and victory points (Board Game Geek entry).
For Colt Express, not at all a 3d cardboard DeLorean but certainly some sort of a car that travels through time and is mounted on the front of a train (Board Game Geek entry).
For Codenames we have 20 new words, consisting of titles of CGE games (yes, it does have the word Codename in it) This is a completely unique promo not available anywhere else before.
And of course, you'll receive the commemorative sticker and backer badge.
Oh baby. This pledge level has EVERYTHING. You'll be the talk of the cardboard town when you wear this pledge on a night out. So let's take a closer peek at what's behind this dress:
- Play some games with us at a convention. This might be UK Games Expo, or Spiel 17, or potentially Gen Con (if stretch goals permit). If you don't want to play games, other options include: just hanging out, or, sitting in uncomfortable silence. We know what we'd choose. p.s. - you can bring a friend.
- A bunch of games. Whatever convention we meet up at, we'll bring you a bunch of games to take home. Even Gloomhaven. Yes. Gloomhaven. Better get a big suitcase. We've also got some designer signed copies of games from CGE.
- Everything offered above. Promos, voting, and all that jazz, all included here because you are crazy and you deserve it.
This tier is limited to a single pledge, so please make sure you will be able to meet up with us if you plan on backing at this level.
But what about growing the NPI operation? We want things to be bigger and better, how bigger will bigger be? Fear not, we've got those things answered in this handy graphic.
Let's break our goals down a bit:
- £5000 - reaching this means we've funded and can keep going for another six months. But not just keep going, we'll be able to put out one review a week, every week. Yes, even Christmas week. Also bank holidays. We might make an exception for "Mindaugo Karunavimo Diena" - a holiday absolutely no one is familiar with.
- £7500 - same as above, but now we can keep going for nine months! Which is great and should be a celebration to be held.
- £10000 - A year. A whole year. This means that a) you clearly love us, and b) we don't have to worry about funding for one whole year. I cannot express how much that would mean to us.
- £12000 - Gen Con is live! We can't wait to set foot on American soil and meet our American fans (or fans from any other countries for that matter). And for those of you not there, we'll make a Gen Con special to watch, laugh at, cry, experience all the emotions. Gen Con is so expensive to get to from Europe so reaching this level would be a tremendous boon.
- £13000 - Monthly live stream Q&A available to all our viewers to participate in. We couldn't think of a better way to engage with you folks, so let's make it happen. Just imagine all the gaffs!
- £14000 - We'll do a Top 25 games of all time! We've always resisted doing one, and if we were going to do it, we wanted it to be done our way. And our way is obviously elaborate and time consuming. But this would let us make it happen.
- £15000 - One of the coolest things we got to do this year was visit the wonderful Richard "Rahdo" Ham and make some cross-over videos. If we hit this stretchgoal we would have enough funds do go see him again, make more videos, and most importantly, cuddle his two amazing beagles Daisie and Gertie. Many pics of Daisie and Gertie guaranteed.
- £16000 - We get to acquire a second camera for the channel. This would allow us to get more creative with what we do, and make our videos more varied, engaging and faster to make.
And believe it or not, you've reached the end of this page. It's cool, there'll be more things as we go along. Most importantly, if you have any questions, give us a shout in the comments section. We promise to look after them. Now go and give us some support. You make us who we are. We cannot express how grateful we are for that.
Risks and challenges
1) Whilst we have never run a Kickstarter before, we are fairly confident we can successfully deliver on the promo side, probably even before the estimated dates. Most promos are already here with us or are on the way. A few will reach us in April. We've nailed the general concepts of the Gloomhaven adventure with Isaac and are working on it as you're reading this. We have shipping worked out and spares set aside.
2) The less physically tangible rewards are also not something that pose great risk. Barring tragedy or natural disasters, we're confident that with your support that one video a week is very achievable. And hotels for all the conventions are already booked.
3) Of course, this is Kickstarter and we have heard the horror stories. But we have gusto. And if anything will carry us through unforseen circumstances, it will be that.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)