Wisp is a 2D puzzle platformer. It follows a small ball of energy only known as "little-one" as it is guided by a mysterious voice to collect wisps of pure potential. Along the way Little-One must avoid traps and pits and a mysterious enemy known only as The Hunger.
What makes Wisp different?
“Why should we care?” you ask? Well we’ve been playing games for a considerable portion of our lives (much to the chagrin of our parents) and we have learned, through study and osmosis, what we can do to make Wisp stand out from the crowd:
- Mental Challenge: Most modern games have become easy; either handholding you or not asking you to use your brain at all to succeed. Wisp is going to force you to think. Wisp will make you take a step back and challenge you to use your brain to solve its many puzzles.
- Unique Aesthetic. The game has a very unique aesthetic. By drawing visual cues from microbiology, astrology and the ethereal, we create a gaming experience that looks fresh and unique.
Here is gameplay footage of the first level:
And here are some of our concept images:
- Our current hardware and software is just enough to work. The first thing the funds would provide us is with better software to create content, and a buffer to prevent delays when a piece of hardware breaks.
- As of right now we are working on 20 levels for the game. We want to make more, but the amount of time we can allocate to the game is limited. If we get funded we are going to make an additional 20 levels, and depending on how much you all donate you can get up to 40 more via rewards! That is 40 to 80 levels this game could have.
- We plan on developing extra content for the game. With the extra funding from Kickstarter, we'll be able to begin developing new content as soon as the game is on sale, instead of having to wait for money from sales.
- We want to bring the game to other platforms, such as IOS. This would not happen until after the computer version of the game has been released, but funding would allow us to begin work on these versions faster.
We are a small team of people from all over the world, with our HQ located in Denver CO. Most of us being avid gamers, we have decided to aim for games in fields that are not saturated. We believe that with hard work, we can create fun and interesting games.
- We are making a game with a refreshing aesthetic.
- We are hard-working people who want to see more good games available.
- We are willing to put in extra hours to ensure the game's quality.
- We are driven to make the best game we possibly can.
Get a digital copy of the Special Edition of the game, which includes commentary, 5 bonus levels and concept art! You will also be listed in the Special Thanks section of the credits and our website. Also includes the Game Soundtrack, and the beta of the game.
Each backer can create a phrase of up to (5) words and we will create a level based on it for each phrase (Examples: "Penguins riding on motorcycles," "Dancing in Paris under moonlight" excluding adult content). Also includes the game's soundtrack Beta access, plus the Special Edition of the game.
We will take a picture of your choice (excluding images with adult content) and we we will use it for inspiration for one of the levels. (Example: Send us and image of your face and we will use the contour lines as the level layout). Also includes Beta access, plus the game's soundtrack, and the Special Edition of the game.
Send us a picture of you (or anyone) and the head artist will draw the person in the picture into an cartoon character or anime character and email it to you. Also includes Beta access, plus the game's soundtrack, and the Special Edition of the game.
Be listed as an Associate Producer on the game's website and in the ending credits. Also includes a custom level of your choice, Beta access, plus the game's soundtrack, and the Special Edition of the game.
Send us a picture of you (or anyone) and the head artist will make a muppet of the person in the picture and ship it to you (US and Canada only). Also includes Beta access, plus the game's soundtrack, and the Special Edition of the game.
The head artist will do a 32 page comic about you and up to three other people, in any setting you want (super hero, slice of life, steam punk). We would then put said comic on our web page and send you 4 printed copies of the book and a email you a high resolution PDF so you could print more. Also includes Beta access, plus the game's soundtrack, and the Special Edition of the game.
I will run a table top RPG for you and up to 4 of your friends in one of the following systems: Buffy the vampire slayer, Serenity, GURPS Supers, Dresden files, or a steam punk BESM. One five hour game once a week for a month. Also includes Beta access, plus the game's soundtrack, and the Special Edition of the game.
We will add an extra 15 levels to the game. We will also put a drawing of you in the end credits and web page, with your name, saying, "We love this guy!" or "We love this gal!" Also includes Beta access, plus the game's soundtrack, and the Special Edition of the game.