Wisp follows a small ball of energy as it is guided by a mysterious voice to collect wisps of pure potential. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on August 18, 2012.
About this project
Wisp is a 2D puzzle platformer. It follows a small ball of energy only known as "little-one" as it is guided by a mysterious voice to collect wisps of pure potential. Along the way Little-One must avoid traps and pits and a mysterious enemy known only as The Hunger.
What makes Wisp different?
“Why should we care?” you ask? Well we’ve been playing games for a considerable portion of our lives (much to the chagrin of our parents) and we have learned, through study and osmosis, what we can do to make Wisp stand out from the crowd:
- Mental Challenge: Most modern games have become easy; either handholding you or not asking you to use your brain at all to succeed. Wisp is going to force you to think. Wisp will make you take a step back and challenge you to use your brain to solve its many puzzles.
- Unique Aesthetic. The game has a very unique aesthetic. By drawing visual cues from microbiology, astrology and the ethereal, we create a gaming experience that looks fresh and unique.
Here is gameplay footage of the first level:
And here are some of our concept images:
- Our current hardware and software is just enough to work. The first thing the funds would provide us is with better software to create content, and a buffer to prevent delays when a piece of hardware breaks.
- As of right now we are working on 20 levels for the game. We want to make more, but the amount of time we can allocate to the game is limited. If we get funded we are going to make an additional 20 levels, and depending on how much you all donate you can get up to 40 more via rewards! That is 40 to 80 levels this game could have.
- We plan on developing extra content for the game. With the extra funding from Kickstarter, we'll be able to begin developing new content as soon as the game is on sale, instead of having to wait for money from sales.
- We want to bring the game to other platforms, such as IOS. This would not happen until after the computer version of the game has been released, but funding would allow us to begin work on these versions faster.
We are a small team of people from all over the world, with our HQ located in Denver CO. Most of us being avid gamers, we have decided to aim for games in fields that are not saturated. We believe that with hard work, we can create fun and interesting games.
- Why not?
As of right now we dont have the time to make a Linux port. That may Change someday, but not for a long, long time.
- (30 days)