I thought I'd put up an overview of where the project is currently at in terms of development, and I'm happy to say we're well on the way to the finish line!
- The firmware is nearly complete (one more revision and evaluation to go!) and the PCB design is now finalised.
- The machined aluminium samples look good and their tolerancing is in spec, so the housing all fits together nicely.
- Electrical compliance testing will be booked in as soon as the final firmware revision is complete.
- The design for the packaging is nearly complete and samples will be on their way soon. When they arrive I'll be assessing the quality of the construction and internal padding as well as doing drop tests from every angle to ensure your Blub Uno will withstand the rigours of the world's postal delivery systems.
- The latest remote keypad samples have arrived and they look great, with all electrical contacts working well.
- I'm working on a graphical instruction manual to make choosing your settings as straight forward as possible straight out of the box.
Here's a photo of the latest prototypes with the PCBs in place, ready for the tubes to be plugged in. I'll continue updating the FAQ section with answers to your questions to make them as comprehensive as possible.
Thanks for your ongoing support, and please continue to spread the word to all your friends and family!