Welcome to my project page! My name's Ron Barton and I'm a published poet. This project is part of Kickstarter's 'Commissions' series, which means you are the boss. You tell me what to write and I’ll write it.
Why would you want me to write a poem for you? My creativity has resulted in:
• two collections of poetry published with Ginninderra Press,
• my appearance in two issues of Tincture Journal,
• a poem collected in the anthology First Refuge: Poems on Social Justice,
• a haiku featuring in Issue 51 of Haiku Journal,
• five poems collected in Other Terrain Journal,
• an erasure poem, “Complete”, being included in Silver Birch Press’ Valentine’s Day collection,
• poems being displayed at the Sydney Fringe Festival and the University of Western Australia,
• a poem, “The Lesson”, published by The Ministry of Poetic Affairs,
• a haiku shared by The Footy Almanac,
• a picture book-style narrative poem included on the Australian Children’s Poetry website,
• poems appearing on the blog, Uneven Floor,
• five public appearances/spoken word engagements,
• two interviews,
• the image below - captured from Realistic Poetry International, and
• a poem on my Facebook page receiving 277 reactions (on the post itself), 47 comments and 38 shares.
The concept is quite simple. You pledge for the style/length of poem you would like, I’ll collect information from you about your chosen subject, then I’ll write your poem.
• My backers will receive a one-of-a-kind piece of art, an original work written by me.
• Each person gets their own poem and, because they will tell me who or what they want it to be about, each poem will be different.
• Please note that while the poems will be for you, I will own the creative rights to the poems and may or may not publish them in the future.
*At this point I should confess that the title of this project is somewhat misleading. I chose it simply for the alliteration. We don’t have pennies in Australia, we’ve got dollarydoos (more commonly known as dollars and cents). Sorry if I got your hopes up, but you should get involved anyway.
Want to read some of my work? You can get a sense of my style through here:
Some poetry: https://poetryzoo.com/author/teacher2poet
Risks and challenges
The Fine Print:
The initial backer options will be limited to receiving a poem electronically. Emailing individual poems is the easiest way to distribute them to backers. I don’t anticipate any problems in completing this aspect of the project regardless of how many people back it.
However, if there’s enough interest, I may look into the possibility of producing an eBook or a small print on demand paperback. But I need to see what I wind up with throughout this project. It's an experiment after all. Keep a tab on any possible updates by returning to this project page. And, if you have ideas for new stretch goals or rewards, you are more than welcome to share your ideas in the comment section.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)