Chicago, IL - Fall 2012 In celebration of Woman Made Gallery's 20th Anniversary, the gallery has taken on the unique task of working within 20 different and vibrant neighborhoods throughout Chicago, many of them lacking in access to arts programming. To make this a reality, Woman Made Gallery partnered with twenty Chicago community-based, arts-based, and housing organizations to create 20 Neighborhoods: a workshop series and art exhibition based on Chicago women's individual and collective experiences and aspirations for their homes, families, neighborhoods, communities, and city.
With the help of teaching artists, teaching assistants, partner organizations, interns, and countless volunteers, 20 Neighborhoods has successfully introduced a diverse group of individuals to an array of artistic skills and abilities, as well as created space for new conversations on self, home, community, and city. Since June, Woman Made Gallery has hosted found-object assemblage sculpture workshops for participating women, and in some cases youth, at each organization's location, which will culminate in an exhibition of all the participants' art pieces, writing, additional project documentation, and a group-created site-specific installation at Woman Made Gallery in October of 2012. The exhibition will be one of 12 featured programs for Chicago Artists Month.
Your pledge supports the printing of a catalog and announcement card, mailing costs, materials for installing the exhibition, and an event series to accompany the exhibition during the month of October. Thank you for being generous!
Who are our Partners?
We are honored to be partnering with a diverse range of organizations all over the City of Chicago. From a shelter for survivors of domestic violence on the North Side to a historic African American performing arts organization on the South Side, our project partners are dedicated to building a healthier and more beautiful Chicago. We are grateful for the opportunity to work with them and the people they serve.
1. AG47 in Logan Square - http://ag47collective.com
3. Arts of Life in West Town - http://www.artsoflife.org
4. Benton House in Bridgeport - http://bentonhouse.org
5. Center on Halsted in Lakeview - http://www.centeronhalsted.org
6. Chinese American Service League in Chinatown - http://www.caslservice.org
7. Enlace Chicago in Little Village - http://www.enlacechicago.org
8. ETA Creative Arts Foundation in Grand Crossing - http://www.etacreativearts.org
9. Hamdard Center in Edgewater/ East Rogers Park - http://hamdardcenter.org
10. House of the Good Shepherd in Wrigleyville - http://www.hgschicago.org
11. Howard Area Community Center in West Rogers Park - http://howardarea.org
12. Imagine Englewood If in Englewood - http://www.imagineenglewoodif.org
13. Living Arts Center in Andersonville
14., 15., 16. Mercy Housing Residences in 3 locations: South Loop, Roseland, Old Town - https://www.mercyhousing.org
17. Mexico Solidarity Center's Centro Autónomo in Albany Park - http://www.mexicosolidarity.org/
19. South Side Community Art Center in Bronzeville - http://www.southsidecommunityartcenter.com
20. Yollocalli Arts Reach in Pilsen - http://www.yollocalli.org
20 Neighborhoods Thanks You for Your Pledge!
Special thanks to Dale Sandberg for creating the above video.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)