After forming in 2008 and releasing an EP in 2009, we are ready to record our first full-length album.
We've lined up:
- Producer, Bob Stark(25 years experience working on Grammy award-winning records)
- Kung Fu Bakery Studios(housed recordings for Decemberists, Pink Martini, The Shins)
We've mapped out the album:
- New Marshburn/Thielen originals
- Two fan-approved, inventively arranged covers
- A re-recorded/remixed song from our first EP
- Record the album in August, mix in September, release in the Fall
- Hold a CD release party and explore touring possibilities in the Spring
- Send the album to radio stations, publishers, and agencies who place songs in film and television
- Become famous.
- Bring about world peace, one inspirational song at a time.
Here is the financial breakdown:
- Studio time: $12,000(includes recording and mixing, $750 a day for 16 days)
- Mastering: $2,000
- Duplication: $2,000(for hard copies and online distribution)
- Studio musician fees: $3000
- Photography: $500(for cover)
- Graphic Design: $500(for cover)
- Total: $20,000
- Our "album fund" (saved over the last few years) -$5000
- Goal: $15,000
This is an all-or-nothing goal. The money you pledge will not come out of your account until July 2 and only comes out if we reach our goal. We can, however, go over the goal until the deadline. Anything over our goal will go toward our CD release party, hiring a publicist, and additional studio musician fees.
Why should you become a backer?!
- You get to take part in a creative process from the ground up
- You're helping us reach our goals
- Rewards! We have some very enticing incentives. Two different parties to attend that include food and beverages, the chance to be a baby vamp, customized songs, etc....
We so appreciate the time you've taken to look over the project and find the amount that works for you.
We'll continue to write fun, inspiring music and put on great shows.
Thanks, in advance, for backing us up.
- (30 days)