Killer Gin is an old school high fantasy RPG with an epic story complete with modern enhancements.
Killer Gin is an old school high fantasy RPG with an epic story complete with modern enhancements. Read more
What is Killer Gin?
Killer Gin is where classic 2D Role playing games meets in-depth characters, mystery, and engaging plot twists. Prepare yourself for a high fantasy adventure that combines eastern and western game mechanics with shiny swords, moody young adults, and a complex world where everything wants to destroy you or idolize you, no in-between. What kind of hero will you choose to be? Will you rule or be ruled?
Killer Gin also features "Homestead", a farming and dating mini-game to build an entire life around your character.
Civil war is erupting around the country and has divided its people into three unyielding factions. Gin, a new race of beings, have found themselves at the center of this turmoil, cloaked in conspiracy and fascination. In the dwindling area of neutral territories lies a typical, small fishing village that is about to be shattered, and its secrets, awakened. This is where the story begins!
- Multiplatform Release: PC, Mac, and Linux.
- Homestead Mini-game: Farming/Dating simulator (*two games in one!)
- Open Ended Quest System: Unprecedented level of freedom and choice, your decisions matter, they affect the story.
- Alignment System: Your actions affect your relationships with party members.
- Time System: Night and day cycles, time affects gameplay.
- Resource Collection: Mining, lumberjacking, digging, fishing, and traps.
- Crafting System: Create weapons, armor, accessories, gems, items, and food.
- Dynamic Weather: Weather is random and affects gameplay.
- Visible Enemies: You can see enemies and their line of sight, enemies can be passive or aggressive.
- Perception System: Open up new gameplay possibilities.
- Persuasion System: Open up new dialogue options.
- Infinity Dungeon: An infinite dungeon with infinite resources, riches, and unique treasures await.
A young girl from a small quaint fishing village called Lorem. The village treats her as the golden child however she was not allowed to leave. Shinata was never given a proper education, leaving her to come off both naive and ignorant to others. Shinata is very kind, and fights for justice with no regard for her own personal safety.
Very wise, Shinata’s mentor. He tries to keep Shinata safe and focused, his ultimate goal is to help Shinata achieve her full potential. He will allow Shinata to choose her own destiny as long as she is happy and in full control.
Son of a Lorem Councilman, Gordo is a bit of a spoiled youth. With his father away traveling to other towns, his mother spoils the only man who stays at home with her, her special little poopy-kins. Although most of the kids in the village pick on him, Shinata was the only one that showed him any kindness. In time, kindness grew into that of annoyance and aggravation due to Gordo’s constant proclamations of love for Shinata. Kind, tender, clumsy, cowardly, loving, and hungry, are just a few words to describe Gordo.
Shinata's older brother, a fighting prodigy. Despite his amazing skills he has always played second fiddle to Shinata. Living under the strict rules of his father, he had discipline and responsibility beaten into him daily. Shin is tasked with the sole goal to protect and guard Shinata, and despite his deep jealousy and hatred for Shinata, he takes his duties very seriously. On the flip side of his admirable qualities he has a sadistic sense of humor and his complete lack of empathy.
From the village of Ipsum, Antonio is a self imposed exile at the age of 12 for committing a heinous crime, one that would have himself and his family executed if caught. Trying to hide his criminal past he would continue to journey, never staying in one place for too long. No matter where he drifted he made it his mission to help those in need, trying to prove to himself that he isn’t the monster that others have made him out to be.
Homestead is a minigame within Killer Gin that consist of a village, your farm, barn, and garden. Homestead can be played entirely by itself or it can be played to complement the main game experience, it's basically having two games in one!
- Village - Help the village become prosperous by working on your farm, helping others, and inviting people to come live in homestead.
- Improve your Farm - Updates include a bigger living space, furnishings such as an alchemy and crafting table, etc.
- Plant Crops - There are lots of different crops to plant, use them to help the village or just for delicious meals. Make sure to participate the crop festival.
- Raise Livestock - There are plenty of livestock to raise, crossbreed and evolve. Make sure to participate in the livestock festival.
- Relationships - You may become friends with, get engaged with, and even eventually marry 20+ characters in homestead!
- Protect Homestead - Enemies will eventually attack homestead and you must use all characters present to defend against the incoming invasion.
- Colosseum - Participate in the Colosseum to test your mettle. Challenges include single and team based challenges.
- Adventures - Adventure forth to seek treasure and resources!
* Please pay close attention to the $150 reward tier (The reality stone), this may be incredibly interesting for those who wish to date and marry in Killer Gin.
* The $500 reward tier is every RPG/Dating/Farming simulator video game player's dream come true! Become a dateable character for the rest of the world to date and possibly (up to you) have a child with!
Below: Two examples of dateable characters in Homestead (WIP)
Weapon: War Hammer
Kickstarter End Goals
In its current form, Killer Gin’s main RPG is already a 20 to 25+ hour game, not including all the time players may spend in the Infinity Dungeon and Homestead. All information listed prior to this point already exists in the game. Below you will find planned features for the final product:
- Introduction of Children - You can have children in Homestead, you may then raise them, influence their personality, and even go on adventures with them (Homestead mode).
Game+ Mode - Unlockable game mode that allows players to restart the game with all the skills and items from the first play through with extra content unlocked.
- Difficulty Slider - Further allows players to adjust the games difficulty to their play style for optimal playing pleasure.
- Livestock Festival - Enter and show off your prized livestock (Homestead mode).
- Crop Festival - Enter and show off your prized crop (Homestead mode).
- Community - Enter and compete in various games like drinking, gambling, etc. (Homestead mode).
- STEAM Achievements - Very interesting in an open ended game like Killer Gin, there are easter eggs, secrets, and hidden challenges galore!
- Daily Play Bonuses, Holiday Bonuses, and more.
- Continue the main story and more side quests for the main RPG.
- More quests and activities for Homestead
- Greater character development, team attacks, and special moves.
- I am open to fan suggestions (please write to email@example.com)
Kickstarter Stretch Goals
If Killer Gin happens to receive more funds than anticipated I plan to look into the following areas.
- Mobile port of Killer Gin to phones and mobile devices.
- Console port of Killer Gin on popular consoles.
- Voiced cutscenes (main cutscenes).
- More mini-games, perhaps slots, a card game, or even a watered down version of GO.
Kickstarter funds for Killer Gin will go towards improving the following:
With your help we can make Killer Gin even more epic!
Risks and challenges
Killer Gin is my dream project that I have been working on for the past 10 years. I started developing this version of the game 2 and a half years ago and now I finally have the opportunity to make Killer Gin a reality.
I am prepared to overcome any obstacle to deliver an old school RPG experience. The biggest challenge before me is completing Homestead, the dating/farming mini-game within Killer Gin, well enough to satisfy even the most die hard fans. I have a tendency to try to cram tons of fun little details everywhere and often they can get out of hand.
Finishing the game should not be a problem, I already have an extended demo finished that is 15+ hrs long. The game is 25+ hrs in its current form and I plan to add about 5+ more hours to the main story line then simply polish the game up and finalize side quests and game mechanics.
Regardless of the situation I plan to listen very closely to fans and critics alike to ensure honesty and transparency so that everyone is well informed on the status of the game. I hope you are excited as I am for Killer Gin!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)