The ARMSmasters Project: The Animated Pilot
The ARMSmasters Project: The Animated Pilot
Help Kickstart the animated pilot for The ARMSmasters Project: A high octane action adventure being developed in Southeastern Michigan.
Help Kickstart the animated pilot for The ARMSmasters Project: A high octane action adventure being developed in Southeastern Michigan. Read more
“It was the height of an Age of Glories, when magic was common place and adventure beckoned. Hand in hand, we embarked on a journey to change the world… Now, at last, our story can be told.”
Hello Kickstarter! My name is Michael Winn and I would like to present to you The ARMSmasters Project!
ARMSmasters is a high octane action-fantasy adventure set in a world of magic, super powered martial arts, adventure and colorful fun. It follows the adventures and day to day life of a hot shot mercenary who goes by the callsign of Riot. It tells the story of his growth and maturity as he and his allies learn lessons of loyalty, heroism and faith while engaging in a growing struggle over exceptionally powerful magical weapons known as The Empyrean ARMS.
ARMSmasters is inspired by action anime, western superhero animations and comics, manga and gaming. It explores the relationships and dynamics of a group of characters as they rely on one another to survive thrilling adventures in a world where magic Is a common thing and superhuman warriors dot the landscape and engage in mythic deeds. Action, drama and humor are all elements here and we know that there will be something in The ARMSmasters Project for everyone.
We've come to Kickstarter to seek help in amassing the funds to enable us to complete our pilot animation. Our purpose with this pilot is multi-fold. It will:
- Serve as an introduction to The ARMSmasters world and those who inhabit it.
- Act as the first piece in what is envisioned as a series of short animated films.
- Be included in the arsenal of creative material we have assembled for our pitch to networks such as The Hub, Disney XD, Cartoon Network and online distributors
- Be entered into film festivals world wide and serve to help expose The ARMSmasters Project to a wider audience.
The origin of The ARMSmasters Project lies in my senior thesis when I attended the College for Creative Studies in Detroit Michigan. I received the Artistic Achievement Award in 2008 with the creation of the original short film but found myself constantly returning to this world as a working professional. I discovered that I could not let these characters go and that a story was bubbling up that needed to be shared with others.
Two years ago, myself and several others banded together to form a collective to aid in the creation of new intellectual properties and the continued pursuit of developing Entertainment Arts animation in Southeastern Michigan. After several favorable reviews from contacts within the networks based out west, it was decided to truly flesh out ARMSmasters. Fast forwarding to now - we are ready to present it to a wider audience but we need your help.
We have worked very diligently on it in all capacities even as far as producing a proof of concept animated teaser, numerous animation tests, storyboards, concept art pieces, 3d animation tests, and more – but we’ve come about as far as we can without needing to seek investment and funding to complete our dream and bring the pilot to life.
The ARMSmasters Project is intended as a 2d animation action adventure in the tradition of exciting shows such as The Legend of Korra ,The Last Airbender, Young Justice, and others. Our dedication to quality and excellence means that it will take time and effort to truly handcraft both the pitch and the full series into something special. For this to happen we truly need your support. We’ve set a goal for raising at least $25,000 on Kickstarter. This money will be used for several purposes.
- To pay our animators and our artists. The primary purpose of the fund raising is for projected costs of animation.Although our team members have donated an incalculable amount of time and artistic talent to bring us to this point - in order to truly complete this project we will need funding. This funding will not only enable us to support a very tight knit small team but it will also allow us to utilize student animators, giving them an opportunity to be exposed to a production effort and the animation pipeline.
- Film Festival Costs: Most film festivals have entry fees and require submitted packages. By funding us you will enable us to be able to comfortably submit to film festivals locally and abroad.
- Sound Design: At present we have scratch tracks in play to convey a mood and a sense of timing and tone. We will need to develop music as well as account for sound libraries and voice over work.
- Supplies, Licenses, Etc: Although the majority of our supplies and programming needs have already been covered out of pocket, extra funding will enable us to more comfortably attend to needs and emergencies as they arise.
Thank you so much for taking the time out to read this pitch. We look forward to sharing the plethora of work and development already done for The ARMSmasters Project over the upcoming weeks.
In addition to updates here - we have several ways for you to stay up to date on our progress and we will be adding more:
We are so excited to be this close to having this dream fulfilled and we know that the successful funding of this project will impact and bless many people in positive, encouraging ways.
Thanks for your time!
- (45 days)