Trees are planted! Fence is up! Photos are posted..
We had a lovely afternoon Open House last Sunday March 23 and we finished moving and transplanting our almond and hazelnut trees. Thank you! to our friends, neighbors, and Kickstarter backers who came to see the Lots, say hello, have some snacks, and even help us plant trees!
We've been busy.... Here's what's new:
- We've planted 22 orchard trees, with Lots of Help;
- We've affiliated as a member of the Urban Growers Cooperative (facilitated by Louisville Grows) and agreed to grow some crops specifically to distribute in West Louisville (find our produce 1x month at the new Shawnee golf course farmers market, 3rd Saturday each month)
- We've worked up 2 long beds that are ready to plant vegetables
- We've brought piles of compost, leaves, and wood chips to the site
- We've submitted the first-ever application to Louisville Metro for our Market Garden permit
- We've started building our rain catchment system
- We've gotten our fence installed
- We finally popped a bottle of bubbly to celebrate!
See Lots of Photos at http://www.louisvillelotsoffood.com/the-latest.html
We offer deep gratitude to all of you, our backers, along with the hole diggers, tree movers, compost haulers, sapling keepers, concrete mixers, picture-takers, plant donors, seed-starters, water-bringers, brick and rock excavators, and idea-sharers. This project is taking shape very quickly and we are excited!
Amanda and Peter