This project's funding goal was not reached on January 6, 2012.
About this project
Our Back Story:
2 years…That’s how long it’s been since “Writefully So…”, an alternative Hip-Hop album blended with Soul elements, began production to debut as the first major release under our Independent label “I’mOnIt Entertainment”. After months of hard work and constant rewrites, we’ve built a strong Contemporary album that’s so near completion we can taste it! However we’ve run into a financial wall at the most critical moment -__-. Up to this point we’ve paid for Photo shoots, Instrumentals, Recording, and Mixing Out of Pocket, but with a practically locked-In February release date for the album, we don’t have enough time to raise the funds needed to produce The Music Video for one of the MOST IMPORTANT and INFLUENTIAL records on the album in time to properly promote on our own. This is a huge error on our parts as this Video is set to give life to a record that best represents the entire compilation and will ultimately bring the most attention to “Writefully So...” more than anything else!
(Album Cover Art)
The Record/The Video:
A song that tells an age old story that’s rarely sung: To be in love with your closest friend yet never able to find the courage to let them know. While the topic may sound like nothing special at first, this particular record comes from a different angle, while most songs that deal with this subject are usually directed on the desirer’s reasons for his/her obsession for the desire’ee, This record will take focus on the main character’s grief instead. In other words the desirer is plagued with thoughts and visions of being with the desire’ee night and day, struggling just to keep focus long enough to rationally contemplate if it’s the right move to reveal his heart in a gamble that may cost him his friendship as well as his feelings.
The Song is written, the composition and recordings are set and the video directors are literally on stand by! Everything needed to make this 3-4 minute drama of life & sympathy possible is a mere $1,000 away! BUT WAIT! We’re not lazy musicians!, we understand that $1,000 is asking for a lot so we only beg the Kickstarter community to Kickstart this Label with a goal of $500! In the meantime we’ll be working and saving up the other $500 on our end to help make this video become a reality as well! We need to reach our Goal by/before the due date ends on January 6th or we won’t be able to afford the video :(. However if we DO hit our goal, or dare I say it, GO OVER OUR GOAL, all proceeds will go to make this video an absolute success!!
Side – Information/Rewards:
- This Record is currently WITHOUT TITLE and working under the project name “Unrequited Love” and features a sweet & intimate singer by the name of “Jonelle”.
- This Record is the sentimental Sister of “Sometimes…” (The Record Playing at the start of the above video), “Sometimes…” - tells the story of two lovers who’s busy careers leave no room for relationships & features a soulful singer by the name of “Lyrical<3” (lyrical-love).
- “Writefully So…” is an Alternative Hip-Hop album
From the CEO and Artist of I’mOnIt Entertainment, “Conflict”.
- All Snail-Mail Rewards will begin delivery As soon as January 10th, (Top Of The New-Year Gifts!!) Upon Success of the project, and other items will be delivered Upon completion of the music video, we’ll leave our business E-mail in the Blog section so you may contact us at anytime!
("Writefully So..." Doodle Speakers)
- Unfortunately we can’t let the album be one of the rewards with no specific release date within' the month of February, it would be unfair to have you wait longer than even we anticipate, even for an early copy, but become fans and like the pages in our kick starter blog links and we can keep you updated on the release!
Some of Our Teammates:
Roderick “Conflict” Kelly – Artist/Songwriter/CEO of I’mOnIt entertainment/”Writefully So…” Author
Michael Drake – Producer/Engineer/Mix & Master
DJ C.Note – Producer/Engineer/Mixer
Shontal “Lyrical<3” Prince – “Sometimes…” Co-Writer
Jonelle – “Unrequited Love” Co-Writer
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (21 days)