About this project
The concept for Break the Walls is pretty simple. What story plays in your head when you listen to your favorite Pixies song? I approached some of my fellow comic book creators and asked them to create 4-8 pages stories inspired by their favorite Pixies songs. The song acts as an inspiration, jumping off point, theme or mood for the story. Each story varies in style and genre.
We are planning to premiere Break the Walls in time for San Diego Comicon in July. We have 7 scripts that have been approved and turned over to the artists. As it stands, the book will have 48 pages of illustrated stories. We are asking backers to help with the costs to print the book, and purchase an ISBN barcode.
The Set List
- Planet of Sound - Brian Miller, Lorenzo Cobos, and HdE
- Velouria – Joshua Hale Fialkov and Ryan Cody
- Monkey Gone to Heaven – Michael Macropoulos
- Here Comes Your Man – Ernest & Beatriz Romero
- Debaser – Ryan Cody and Scott Godlewski
- No. 13 Baby – Christian Vilaire and Henry Barajas
- Into the White – Gerrad McConnell and Jason Worthington
- Where is my Mind? - Jonathan Goff and Jim Hanna
Cover by Brian Miller (World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Booster Gold) and model Victoria Paege.
In order for this project to be successfully, we need your support. Not only do we need your pledges, but we need you to pass the links to our Kickstarter page to your friends. No everyone is a fan of the Pixies (gasp), but most people know people who like independent comics, music related projects or unique storytelling. Helping to get the word out about our project would help us as much as your pledge. Thank you for your support.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (45 days)