This Kickstarter campaign includes 2 decks:
- Turning Japanese Deck [Limited Edition]. A 60 card deck containing bonus illustrations cards from contributing artist Marine Loup's Turning Japanese Art Collection, as well as 2 Joker Cards, 1 Double Backer Card and 1 Unique Gaff Card. Stretch goals for this deck to include embossed tuck box design, numbered box seal stickers and Masterclass premium 310gsm linen air card stock from Germany.
- Green Dragon (Standard Edition). Designed specifically for card magic, the cards in this deck feature a 3 level marking system, allowing you to know any selected cards location, card suit and card number/type. Pre-loaded decks including 1 Gaff Card plus 1 Hidden Reveal, with many tricks specially designed to be performed straight out of the pack! (See trailer video for details and clues to hidden reveal!). Stretch goals for this deck include Pealable cellophane wrapping and Masterclass premium 310gsm linen air card stock from Germany.
- Turning Japanese Deck [Limited Edition]. A 60 card deck containing bonus illustrations cards from contributing artist Marine Loup's Turning Japanese Art Collection, as well as 2 Joker Cards, 1 Double Backer Card and 1 Unique Gaff Card. Stretch goals for this deck to include embossed tuck box design, box seal stickers and Masterclass premium 310gsm linen air card stock from Germany.
Also, during this campaign we will be entering the Green Dragon's Lair to reveal a new pledge reward. All backers will receive updates on when this event will take place.
- IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR GREEN DRAGON DECKS FOR PREVIOUS BACKERS OF THE BLACK DRAGON SERIES OF PLAYING CARDS (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Full comparison details between the 'Standard Edition' Decks and the 'Special Edition' Decks from our previous Kickstarter:
- These Green Dragon 'Standard Edition' decks are not to be confused with our first launch to kick off the Black Dragon Series, when mid way through our very first Kickstarter campaign we introduced Signed 'Unleashed' Special Edition Decks in Black, Green, Silver and Gold which we done to offer backers as collectable items for the series in exchange for helping us reach our funding goal to have a successful first Kickstarter launch for the first deck in the Black Dragon Series of playing cards with the Black Dragon (Standard Edition) Deck.
- This Kickstrater is instead for the second 'Standard Edition' deck in the series (The 'Unleashed' Special Edition Decks from first Kickstarter included Unleashed written on tuck box as well as themed King Dragon cards in 4 different colours plus 2 Joker Cards, with all green cards in the deck featuring illustrator Marine Loups signature).
- All 'Standard Edition' Decks being launched on Kickstarter 'WILL NOT' feature any Unleashed Markings, Signatures or Themed coloured King Dragon Card Sets that were featured in the previous Kickstarter. (The Special Editions were designed and introduced during our first Kickstarter as exclusive collectable decks for the series to help with raising enough funding for a successful first deck launch for the series with the 'Standard Edition' Black Dragon Deck).
- All Standard Edition Decks are designed specifically for magic trick performances and are essential to the Black Dragon Series and seperate from the 'unleashed' Special Edition Deck sets that we put together.
- All Standard Edition Decks include a set of 52 playing cards, 1 Joker card and 1 Gaff Card, plus a Marking System as well as 1 hidden reveal and are pre-loaded decks with several card tricks ready to perform straight out of the pack!
- 'Standard Edition' Decks will feature box seal stickers, upgraded card stock options for card magic (Stretch Goals) as well as including upgraded packaging with pealable cellophane wrapping!
- The Turning Japanese Deck is a 60 card deck!
- Contains 52 playing cards, 1 Joker + 1 Signature Joker/illustration card, 4 Signature illustration Cards,1 unique gaff card +1 double backer card!
- Features a reversed card backing design that creates a Japanese fan from flowers in the dragons mouth when you fan the cards!
- Features bonus signature illustration cards with artwork from Marine Loups turning Japanese art collection!
- Deck includes a double backer card as well as a unique gaff card!
- Limited Print run with just 250 available to pledge for during this Kickstarter. (These decks will also be available in limited numbers of 250 decks during subsequent Kickstarters while we launch each remaining 'Standard Edtion' deck for the Black Dragon Series (currently 1000 deck limit).
- Possible stretch goals to include pealable cellophane wrapping, card stock upgrade, illustrator signatures and an embossed tuck box design!
Black Dragon Series Playing Cards are premium quality cards, designed and produced to meet the needs of a broad range of card enthusiasts worldwide. The cards are made from a very professional 310gsm casino paper cardstock with added air pockets. The deck offers better handling and is more slippery due to the air pocket finish. Each card also contains the added quality of a black core layer center to block light shining through. The Black Dragon Series Playing Cards are perfect for professionals who require top quality cards. With the superior card handling and durability that these deck provide, they are a great addition to any cardist's or magician's tool kit.
- DRAGON TOKEN SPECIFICATIONS - Ceramic Poker Chip/Card Protector/Magic Coin - Diameter: 39mm - Print type: UV direct print - Thickness: 3mm Weight: 10g
Deck upgrades include -
$5000 - Pealable cellophane wrapping - Level 1 Marking system applied to green dragon decks
$7,500 - Box seal stickers plus Numbered box seal stickers on limited editions. Level 2 Marking system applied to green dragon decks
$10,000 - Card Stock upgrade to linen air Masterclass from germany (added airpocks for petter card handling and durability) Level 3 Marking system applied to green dragon decks
The Black Dragon Series Of Playing Cards are cards reimagined. From Unleashed Dragons, Samurais and Katana blades, to Symbolic Koi Fish representing an ancient legend, these cards have been created specifically for card magic while also being designed to capture the imagination.
How the Black Dragon Series came to be...
The first image to take shape, which eventually played a major role in the Black Dragon Series of playing cards, was the "Black Koi" (featured as the Joker in this deck series). It was created by Marine Loup back in 2014 after she felt inspired by a legend about a group of Koi fish. The legend goes that through determination and perseverance, a single black koi was able to swim upstream to reach the top of a waterfall against all odds. It overcame demons that laughed at and mocked its efforts and who had also heightened the waterfall out of malice. According to legend, after reaching the top of the waterfall, the gods who had witnessed the koi's efforts turned the black koi into a Golden Dragon, the image of power and strength. This deck draws its inspiration from this legend and from Marine Loup and her Turning Japanese illustrations, and represents the determination and perseverance demonstrated by the black koi, battling against all odds to succeed.
(Limit of 250 per Kickstarter launch for each subsequent deck in the series until 1000 deck limit reached).
Risks and challenges
Previous experience in launching and fulfilling Kickstarter projects. Everything is once again in place for a successful launch with the continuation of the 'STANDARD EDITION DECKS' for Black Dragon Series of playing cards, with manufacturing and shipping already in place to ensure fast fulfillment of backer rewards... we just need support from backers. Please help us to complete the Black Dragon Series Standard Edition Set with the launch of the Green Dragon Standard Edition decks as well as sticking by us for the subsequent launch of the Standard Edition Silver Dragon and Standard Edition Gold Dragon Decks, followed by officially releasing the Limited Edition Turning Japanese deck! we can't do this without you and we hope to have you supporting us!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)