Overdrive Road Rally
Overdrive Road Rally
Overdrive Road Rally is a fast paced arcade style racer, with intuitive controls, iconic vehicles, and branching racetracks.
Overdrive Road Rally is a fast paced arcade style racer, with intuitive controls, iconic vehicles, and branching racetracks. Read more
Overdrive Road Rally has been in development for about 3 months now. It was created in order to help launch our studio Summit Interactive. Overdrive has fast paced arcade style racing game play, we wanted it to be simple and accessible to a wide audience. Inspired by games franchises Tony Hawk Pro Skater, SSX, Mario Kart, and others. We've done away with the grinding and upgrading of modern racing titles in favor of a faster more play driven experience. When you start the game you will instantly be able to choose any car you'd like ranging from a monster truck to a sports car, and some unexpected things in between. We want the vehicles to represent the vehicles you'd see on the street growing up as a kid and daydream about. We won't have 5 different Porsche models, but each vehicle will feel unique and competitive. The same goes for the tracks, each one will have it's own unique look and feel to it. They'll all have branching tracks and hidden shortcuts that the AI will take advantage of as well as the player.
Our team has a lot of experience when it comes to making games. When we started we wanted to grow as developers and launch our biggest game yet. But, in order for us to do this we need your help. While we have done what we can so far in order to get the prototype built, further development will require backing. We need funds in order to generate more 3d assets, build tracks, pay for licenses, deliver backer rewards, and of course for living expenses. Think about it like this, we've already built the world, we just need your help to populate it. You can download the games alpha at http://www.indiedb.com/games/overdrive-road-rally on the downloads page.
Please note that all of the vehicles currently in the alpha build are placeholders and will be replaced with better ones.
Some of the features already in the game include:
- Player controls and AI controlled vehicles
- Branching and hidden paths
- Exhibition game mode
- A UI that supports scaling
- Player Hud
- Selectable vehicles/tracks
- Player boosting'
- Misc game options
- Cheat codes
- Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulty modes
Some of the things we'd like to do with the money include:
- Build and buy environment props
- Replace the current vehicle models with more detailed ones
- Add alternate paint jobs for all vehicles
- Develop custom camera effects and shaders
- Add usb controller support
- Polish the game
Some of the things we'd like to do with any extra money include:
- Add more vehicles, options, tracks, etc ...
- Release the game on more platforms
- Release the game for a lower price
- 5$: Will get you a digital copy of the game when it comes out. The games msrp is set to be 10$ or more, so that's a 50% savings.
- 25$: Gets you the previous reward along with a limited edition hard copy of the game.
- 50$: Gets you all the previous rewards plus we'll sign your copy of the game and you'll get an Overdrive Road Rally backer beanie!
- 100$: Gets you all previous rewards along with a Summit Interactive fan jersey, and a shout out in the games credits.
WARNING: The images shown above are simply mockups. We retain the right to change all designs as required.
Risks and challenges
1. It might take longer than anticipated in order to build all the tracks and model all of the vehicles. In which case we will adjust the schedule/game accordingly.
2. Something might come up that prevents a team member from contributing. Because of this, no team member will receive payment upfront for anything. We will only be paid for what we deliver and nothing more.
3. There may be some technical issues at launch. Since we're a small team we can't perform as rigorous of play tests as the larger studios. Therefore, there may be some bugs that slip past us. Rest assured we plan on providing quality support for our customers and our game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)