Development / Manufacturing
- In our last update, we mentioned that we had started a development trial with a manufacturing partner in Shenzhen. This partner has years of experience with the manufacturing of induction cooktops, and has already worked with startups before. But most of all, they are very committed to MIITO's long term success.
- They have started a development project for MIITO and Crystal is traveling to Shenzhen this week to assess their progress and continue building the relationship with them. We hope we will be giving you a deeper insight in the progress they are doing in the next update, after Crystal returned from Shenzhen.
- In the last development update, we informed you, that, after a long search, we were in the final spurt of closing a development contract with two potential partners, one located in Germany and another one located in France. Both partners were specialized in the field of induction heating and seemed like very good candidates. However, a decision had to be made and we kicked off the collaboration with the German induction expert this week. They will work on MIITO's certification-requirements and the coil design, and eventually handover their results to our manufacturing partner in Shenzhen.
- It is really important for us to integrate development and manufacturing from a very early point, to make sure that anything that is being developed will also be manufacturable.
- In the last update, we mentioned that we had handed in a loan application in early April. The bank got back to us and we had a meeting to discuss our application with the reviewers last week.
- We had a thoroughly prepared meeting with the application reviewers from the bank and were able to respond to all of their questions. The feedback we got was generally positive, with just a few modifications to our initial proposal.
- Now the ball is back on the bank's side. We are waiting to hear back from them to be able to move forward on this project.
IF Design award
We just received a very honoring award: the IF design award. The IF design award is one of the world's most prestigious design competitions and recognized as a proof of design excellence around the world. In the case of MIITO- the award is given to celebrate the concept of the product and its visual aesthetics. Receiving this award is a dream-come-true for us as designers and we are happy to be able to share this celebration of MIITO's design with you, MIITO's backers.
Summery greetings from Berlin,
Your friends at MIITO